Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring. Good for Spellswords?

Pieman51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pieman51

So I ran through the wiki today, and something caught my eye.

One of the wiki footnotes for 'Magic Weapon' had claimed that the Bellowing Dragoncrest ring grants no additional effects to this spell.

Then I typed in 'Crystal Magic Weapon', and there was no footnote mentioning if the Bellowing Dragoncrest ring still had no effect. I'm somewhat confused here.

I managed to create a half-decent build setup for SL50 pvp as a spellsword, and the 3 spells in my arsenal are 'Crystal Magic Weapon', 'Homing Crystal Soulmass', and 'Chameleon' (in case I'm invaded while bossing)

Now... In the case that the Bellowing Dragoncrest ring DOESN'T have any effects for the Crystal Magic Weapon spell, I can always have it for the Soulmass, but that just seems like a waste of a ring slot to me. Can anyone confirm if this ring has any effects on the 'Crystal Magic Weapon' in general? I would appreciate it, thank you.

Pieman51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Pieman51

Does no one have an answer for me? I'm ashamed to seem desperate, but I was really looking forward to creating this build, and I didn't want to make any mistakes. :L

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mosespippy
    mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By mason

Bellowing is really meant for your typical blue energy blasts, not buffs. You really want lingering dragoncrest ring for this build. Crystal magic weapon already gives you high damage stats. It's better to make sure you're recharging less frequently.

It's a fairly common playstyle (one that I enjoy a lot), but combining Magic Weapon spells with the lingering ring works amazingly well when used simultaneously with Power Within pyromancy. The combination turns you into a high-DPS juggernaut. Especially since the ring helps spread out the power within damage over a longer period of time.

Ain't nothing wrong with longer lasting high damage output. This build can absolutely tear into the 4 kings and rip 'em a new one.

Pieman51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pieman51

Ahhh, so the ring I want is the LINGERING dragoncrest ring? Well, thanks for the advice, and thanks for clearing up a few things with me. I was really worried that I'd make a mistake :L

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.