Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Best high STR weapons in your opinion?

• 56 results
    BambamCZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@guesty_01: You don't need more STR unless you are thinking about using Grant, Smough's Hammer or Demon's Great Axe which are some of the weapons that require more than 40 strength. Personally I would go for Man Serpent Sword, B scaling on STR helps a lot and it has for a greatsword really good moveset.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guesty_01: A couple weapons (like, literally 2 or 3) require 50 strength, and a few need 48 or 45 strength, but you can wield them all two-handed with just 40. Not only that, but after 40 you will notice a dramatic decline in STR scaling, so much that it goes from like 4-6 points per level to 1 point every 7 levels for lots of weapons. Every guide out there will tell you not to go past 40 STR, with good reason. Pump your END to 40 (most stats stop being worthwhile past 40), guesty.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Guesty_01

Ok, I think I'll stop at 40 and blast END up some more. Wanting to be like an absolute powerhouse. If I do come across something I really like that's more than 40, I can always bang a few more points into STR. Hmmm Man Serpant Sword I'll definatly check out, any hints where abouts it's found? Currently about to head to Sens, or maybe try tackle to Hydra. Thanks for the quick reply guys.

BambamCZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guesty_01: man serpent sword is frequent drop from the serpent soldiers in sen's fortress

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh how convenient lol. Yes I think ill head into Sens now and maybe see if I can pick myself one of then bad boys up to have a play around with.

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Deprived's starter club is the best STR-weapon I've come across so far... Damage, speed, and that glorious hop forward when heavy attacking. The club has it all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.