Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Black Knight Sword +5

nosferat2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nosferat2

Hello all!

I'm new to this whole forum thing, so forgive any ignorance you may discover. I use a Black Knight Sword +5 and find it to be quite reliable. Do others use this weapon? In scanning these forums (which is becoming strangely addicting), it seems lots of players love lightning weapons (spears specifically). I'm looking to see if there are others out there who use this sword. I find it's fast enough to take down quick enemies (the white ninja-guys in Anor Londo spring to mind), and it's pretty powerful. I've tried some other weapons (Lightning Demon Great Machete, which seems to have some great potential, but is too damn slow against the aforementioned ninjas), but nothing has stuck with me like this sword. I would like something more powerful (going for perhaps a fully fire upgraded falchion or one of these great scyhthes I've heard so much about), or just different. I've been using this sword since the middle of my first playthrough. For referential purposes, I'm roughly half-way through NG+. Just entered the Painted World of Aremias, then on to Fatboy and Skinny. SL 96 I believe and 45 STR and 25 DEX.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I used a +5 Black Knight Sword for most of my first playthrough as my 'boss killing' weapon, using the standard Lightning Spear for regular enemies. It's good but there are probably better things to spend your Twinkling Titanite on, like the unique armors. If you like the moveset but want more punch, try using a Claymore, it has the same moves (faster R2 attack as well) and you can turn it lightning/fire/chaos/whatever.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @SuperfluousMoniker said:
    I used a +5 Black Knight Sword for most of my first playthrough as my 'boss killing' weapon, using the standard Lightning Spear for regular enemies. It's good but there are probably better things to spend your Twinkling Titanite on, like the unique armors. If you like the moveset but want more punch, try using a Claymore, it has the same moves (faster R2 attack as well) and you can turn it lightning/fire/chaos/whatever.
    Lighting claymore also has a great reach behind you. Great for anti backstabbing 
    VanillaPlant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By VanillaPlant

With that much strength, you might should check out the Demon's Greataxe. The Stone Greatsword might be something fun to mess around with as well if you pick up some pyromancies.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EVO

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Great for anti backstabbing

What is this you speak of?

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @EVO said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Its what I said. The +5 damage of a Claymore with lighting is enough to stagger quick moving people who have low poise when they try to get behin you.The claymore has a great reach and even covers a nice portion of your back when you swing it. 
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EVO

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@EVO said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Its what I said. The +5 damage of a Claymore with lighting is enough to stagger quick moving people who have low poise when they try to get behin you.The claymore has a great reach and even covers a nice portion of your back when you swing it.

Oh, I was thinking it could somehow damage enemies that are backstabbing you.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @EVO said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@EVO said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

A few nights ago a guy with a dagger invaded me in Anor. He kept tryign to get behind me. I just kept swinging the sword and the tip would all ways smack him before he could full get behind me. The damage was enough to stagger his light build and allow me to turn to face him. 
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EVO

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@EVO said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@EVO said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

A few nights ago a guy with a dagger invaded me in Anor. He kept tryign to get behind me. I just kept swinging the sword and the tip would all ways smack him before he could full get behind me. The damage was enough to stagger his light build and allow me to turn to face him.

Haha, it's moments like that that really highlight the brilliant combat.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By jacksukeru

I used it on my Pyromancer for a great long while, though when I went through Anor Londo yesterday I finally traded it in for a Lightning Greataxe once I reached the Giant Blacksmith. It worked out 'cause I traded in my heavy Stone Greatshield for a lighter Greatshield of Artorias at the same time, enabling me to stay below 50% equipment weight.

It's been a good companion, I might go back to it if I keep playing long enough for my greataxe to become redundant.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By jozzy

I used the Black Knight Sword for a lot of the game too, the the Black Knight Greataxe however is even better I have found. Pretty fast and uses way less stamina for more damage.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @EVO said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@EVO said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@EVO said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

Haha, it's moments like that that really highlight the brilliant combat.

That and when people spam Conbustion to my near 300 anti fire damage built. 
    nosferat2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nosferat2

I'll have to try a fire/lightning claymore out. Should be easy enough to get to that level. I would love to try the Black Knight Great Axe as well. Thanks for the suggestions! I enjoy being part of a helpful, fairly friendly community of players.

Omiyage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Omiyage

I use a Stone greatsword +5, from those giants in the forest, and I love it. It has a healthy mix of physical and magical damage and the R2 2 handed attack is an AOE slow spell which is nice.

Thinking about changing it soon though...

What are some popular end game weapons? Are the unique/boss weapons better than standard ones upgraded really hard? Or is it the other way around? Im looking for a good weapon for a heavy STR build.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187

I used the Black Knight Sword +2 for a while. Just got Quelagg's Fury Sword built, and I think I'm in love. Still, I'm working on getting a Lightning Zweihander +15 so I can murder pretty much anything I see.

@Omiyage: Most of the boss weapons just require that boss' soul along with a +10 weapon of a specific type (i.e. - +10 curved sword and Soul of Quelagg to make Quelagg's Fury Sword). After that, it's about 10 Demon Titanite to build the weapon to a +5. Honestly, I would suggest just hitting the Dark Souls wiki and find the weapon page. From there, you can do some comparing and contrasting as well as build look-ups.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @jakob187 said:

I used the Black Knight Sword +2 for a while. Just got Quelagg's Fury Sword built, and I think I'm in love. Still, I'm working on getting a Lightning Zweihander +15 so I can murder pretty much anything I see.

@Omiyage: Most of the boss weapons just require that boss' soul along with a +10 weapon of a specific type (i.e. - +10 curved sword and Soul of Quelagg to make Quelagg's Fury Sword). After that, it's about 10 Demon Titanite to build the weapon to a +5. Honestly, I would suggest just hitting the Dark Souls wiki and find the weapon page. From there, you can do some comparing and contrasting as well as build look-ups.

How do you get it to +15 lighting? 
    matt198992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By matt198992

What about the black night's halberd? I really enjoy the reach on the weapon, and it has a quick first attack.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By SteamPunkJin

So far nothing has been able to beat my Barbed Fire Sword +10 - has the nice Phys/Fire Damage and a 300 Bleeding effect. 
    To get the base Barbed Sword cruise around The Depths as a Human until Dark Knight Kirk invades, has a chance to drop.

nosferat2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nosferat2

Hey, I'm pretty sure I have the Barbed Sword in my bottomless box. That sounds great, I'll have to try that out.

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gerrid

I used the claymore +15 and I love the move-set. The stab motion on R2 is great because it hits through enemies, meaning if you can line up 2 enemies you can down them both. The range is so big on all of its attacks that switching to a normal sword seems gimped.

I would have used the Black Knight Sword...but I didn't get it until those final Black Knights in the Kiln. Sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.