Extra PC content coming to console versions of Dark Souls

#1 Edited by Zacagawea (1569 posts) -

Hell yes it is!

It's called Artorias of the Abyss and it'll end up setting you back 15 bones (1200 brad bucks on XBLA). It's coming sometime this Winter.

It will be adding more explorable areas, bosses/enemy types, NPC's, armor, and weapons

I promised myself that if it was announced to be coming to consoles I'd make a new character and play through it again this summer. I plan on actually doing that (S-Rank, perhaps?).

Anybody else?

You in on another round of some of this sweet dying?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1224905p1.html

#2 Posted by Doctorchimp (4063 posts) -

Alright.

This will make skipping out on the PC version easier.

#3 Posted by Nilazz (606 posts) -

And they said the game was complete! :(

Of course DLC was bound to happen, can't wait to die some again.

#4 Posted by golguin (3682 posts) -

I'll get it and I'll make a new game with my real PVP character now that I know what I want. I wasted way too many stat points on getting 1000/1000 since at the time I couldn't complete NG++ without certain stat boosts. Now I'll be able to stay on the normal setting with an optimized lv 60 or 100 as opposed to my PvE lv 111.

#5 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

@Nilazz said:

And they said the game was complete! :(

In their defence, it was and then they created new content. It's not like most other current devs/pubs selling DLC that is already complete and on your disc locked. This is what DLC should be.

#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Zacagawea said:

It's called Artorias of the Abyss and it'll end up setting you back 15 bones (1200 brad bucks on XBLA). It's coming sometime this Winter.

It will cost money? on PC?
#7 Edited by Zacagawea (1569 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Zacagawea said:

It's free with the PC version. The news here is that it is coming to consoles so the 15 bucks part is for PSN/translation for MS space money.

#8 Posted by golguin (3682 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Zacagawea said:

I believe the content will simply be part of the game on the PC version while on the 360 it will sell for 1200 points.

#9 Posted by Jayesslee (105 posts) -

Yes!!

#10 Posted by Timing (616 posts) -

Excellent.

New trailer's cool too.

#11 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -

Welp, probably still gonna get this on PC. Hopefully that'll remove the awful framerate in Blight Town, otherwise I'll be hella bummed.

#12 Posted by andriv (251 posts) -

And it will come out on Steam too

That means I will probably play 4-5 hours of it, suck at it an give up.

Good times for all!

#13 Posted by Chop (1967 posts) -

*Squee*

I was about to start my...like 10th playthrough. I suppose I should wait for this then.

Also, this is the first time in my life that the game I'm looking forward to the most is fucking DLC.

#14 Posted by Sterling (1754 posts) -

Praise the Sun!

#15 Edited by xyzygy (9638 posts) -

Amazing. It also looks like the portal to this new DLC is in the lake where the Hydra is, in the Darkroot Basin.

#16 Posted by eroticfishcake (7780 posts) -

Just saw this now actually and I'm still gonna buy it for PC because frankly I think it's one the best games this generation.

But mainly because it looks like arse on my CRTV.

#17 Posted by Redsox44 (480 posts) -

Cool, I think I'll wait for this to come out to finally buy this game.

#18 Posted by Sackmanjones (4611 posts) -

Man I need to finish that game! I'm in some crystal place with the invisible bridges. Anyone know how close I am to te end?

#19 Posted by Toxeia (721 posts) -

I'm so god damned stoked about finally being able to play one of the Souls games.

#20 Posted by TheHT (10324 posts) -

@Doctorchimp said:

Alright.

This will make skipping out on the PC version easier.

#21 Posted by Akeldama (4217 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

Man I need to finish that game! I'm in some crystal place with the invisible bridges. Anyone know how close I am to te end?

Have you fought Nito, Bed of Chaos, 4 kings yet?

#22 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4660 posts) -

Hopefully it's a sizable chunk of content for 15$. This is the first time I am actually excited for DLC.

#23 Posted by Zacagawea (1569 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

You probably have like 2 or 3 bosses left. You can knock it out in 2 hours if you summon people. You're also really close to the boss of that level, if you didn't know. Cut his tail off!

#24 Posted by Sackmanjones (4611 posts) -
@Zacagawea Yup I ran into him last time I played and died in one glorious hit haha
#25 Posted by NathHaw (2753 posts) -

Probably still gonna get the PC version, because I want to see this game even more beautiful with a good frame rate.

#26 Posted by Draugen (577 posts) -

I am prepared to die all over again!

#27 Posted by StrainedEyes (1313 posts) -

S-Ranked this on 360, can't wait to play more.

#28 Edited by wsninja (59 posts) -

If Im on NG+ will this content be tuned to NG+ or will they make it borderlands style and let you switch playthroughs? Cause man fuck Anor Lando

#29 Posted by jakob187 (21514 posts) -

@Azteck said:

Welp, probably still gonna get this on PC. Hopefully that'll remove the awful framerate in Blight Town, otherwise I'll be hella bummed.

Sad to let you know that they are locking the framerate of the game to what the PS3 had on it. However, the increased specs of a computer will HOPEFULLY get rid of that framerate issue. At the same time, I mean...would it be Blight Town without that framerate lag? LOL

Also...PRAISE THE SUN!

#30 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -
@jakob187: Yeah, I know they're locking it, but I'm betting on a 60FPS crack being released within a weak of release.
#31 Posted by WalkerD (461 posts) -

I would give up my first born child for more Dark Souls, and a confirmation that we'll learning more about Artorias is a nice touch.

#32 Edited by snowninja845 (43 posts) -

Well guess im gonna have to do another playthrough when it comes out. Smough ,Ornstein, I hate you both so much.

#33 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

@snowninja845 said:

Well guess im gonna have to do another playthrough when it comes out. Smough ,Ornstein, I hate you both so much.

Yeah Smough and Orstein were the hardest part of the game for me. I think I died at least 50 or 60 times before I downed them. Game is so good. Can't wait for this DLC.

#34 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Free on PS3 then. Great.

#35 Posted by 71Ranchero (2582 posts) -

Super excited for more Dark Souls lore and gameplay.

#36 Posted by codynewill (165 posts) -

Now how am I supposed to beat this game!? I've scraped my way into Anor Londo, and I have no fucking clue how I'm going to finish this shit even without more DLC content.

#37 Edited by Sbaitso (365 posts) -

Praise the Sun!! I've been looking for a reason to start a new character, now to go NG+ it a few more times before winter!

that's where I'm at on my NG+ right now, beat em' third time on my original playthrough, having a bit more trouble this time. Who do you go after first? I found it easier to take Smough the first time, but maybe I should be trying Ornstein now, considering he's far more aggressive and is being a bigger pain this time around.

#38 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1453 posts) -

Looking forward to playing this on PC ... I'm curious how hard the game really is.

#39 Posted by Z3RO180 (228 posts) -

@Zacagawea:i was going to get the pc version and try to play it on my staem powered laptop but now thats the dlc is comeing out nevermind....i want that poster though :P

#40 Edited by eroticfishcake (7780 posts) -

Some new screenshots have cropped up from their Facebook page. I've uploaded them here.

I'm still really excited for this. Probably the first time in years. August can't come soon enough.

#41 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11041 posts) -

Well, now I don't have to buy the PC version. Thanks From Software!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.