Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Future Press Guide Arrived Today!

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By metalmoog

What a beauty. Hardcover tons of full colour pictures and illustrations, nice thick glossy paper and pretty much spoiler free! The whole level walkthroughs don't even tell you what items you'll find and what enemies are lurking around each corner. I was quite surprised, I think this is the first guide I've ever read that doesn't tell you step by step what to do and let's you find out on your own, while offering a little guidance in which direction to go etc. It's also got tons of info on the enemies later on in their own section, info on weapons, armour, spells, npcs and more. Definitely glad I ordered one!

cashbasket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By cashbasket

Yeah, it's a pretty good guide overall. There are some things in the game that I never would have found without it. They kind of gloss over character creation/stats/builds/whatever, but I *suppose* it's more fun to check Internet forums for that stuff :P

MatCauthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MatCauthon

there are things they don't mention, however. such as the fact that you can get to +3 rank in a covenant.

supaman900s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By supaman900s

@LeenponyD um yes it does tell you which covenants you can level up in addition to how you do it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.