Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Has anyone figured out what (if anything) the pendant used for?

Avatar image for quebec_classique
    Quebec_Classique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Quebec_Classique

Other than trading to Snuggly for a Souvenir of Reprisal of course.

The PC version has been out for more than a week, surely some internet hacker gangs have figured it out by now?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Spoonman671

Fuck the pendant.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

Is it a new item or something? Anyways, my suggestion would be to look at the wiki.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Normal Pendant doesn't seem to do jack, still. Broken Pendant is your key to the new content added in the Prepare to Die edition, and the Silver Pendant is used to deflect abyssal magic and keep you alive through the final boss fight in the new areas.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By gla55jAw

@Demoskinos said:

Is it a new item or something? Anyways, my suggestion would be to look at the wiki.

No one knows what it's "real" purpose is for.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By connerthekewlkid

still nothing but there is a theroy about one of the NPCs being your sister and stuff because she can drop a pendant and you being the son of the pgymy

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Twiggy199

@Quebec_Classique: You can use it to trade it with snuggly, he'll give you the souvenir of reprisal, which is used for the blade of the darkmoon covenant stat.

Avatar image for quebec_classique
    Quebec_Classique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Quebec_Classique

@Twiggy199:

@Quebec_Classique said:

Other than trading to Snuggly for a Souvenir of Reprisal of course.

The PC version has been out for more than a week, surely some internet hacker gangs have figured it out by now?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By mosespippy

According to a recent interview, it is a prank item which is pretty good considering people were trying NG+7 no death characters to try to figure out what it does.

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By mason

Yup. That seems to be the official word. The pendant isn't for squat except adding an air of mystery and fostering community discussion. I guess it also adds a bit to the lore, in a non-specific way (which is also kind of the point of the Old Witch's ring... back story).

It's funny. When I think back to playing the first time, I agonized over which gift to choose (ended up being pendant). But in the end, none of the gifts actually matter anyway. Even the master key I don't find useful. Not unless I intend to corpse-run for specific items early. Most of the time I never end up using it.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By mosespippy

@mason: The master key's usefulness is in allowing you to skip Blighttown.

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mason

@mosespippy: Well sure, I guess, if you're into that kind of thing.

You can also skip Blighttown without the keys, by going through Darkroot > Valley of Drakes. It's just longer & trickier.

Maybe I'm a masochist, but I actually like Blighttown, a lot. So I rarely end up completely skipping it. I have used the keys to get the red tearstone ring, channeler's set, firekeepers soul, or havel's ring early, but if my build has no need for them, I end up not choosing the keys.

If anything, I've come to prefer black firebombs as a gift. It comes in handy for when you're intentionally staying low level and have puny damage output.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By phrosnite

It has been confirmed in an interview by the lead game creator that the pendant doesn't do shit. I can't believe that he told people to take the pendant or nothing when the game first came out. What a f-ing troll.

master key ftw.

@mason: Blighttown is not as bad as people make it to be. Tomb of Giants is the worst place in DS. I never go there without the Lordvessal.

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mason

@phrosnite: The tomb is pretty special alright. That, and Ash Lake are two places that are a pain in the butt to leave if you don't yet have the lordvessel.

I actually really like the layout of Catacombs+Tomb of the Giants. There are so many shortcuts and roundabout paths, if you know where to fall. Too bad it takes several playthroughs to make sense of the giants part. Even with the sunlight maggot / light spell you can't see far enough to get a sense of how everything connects together. I suppose that's the point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.