Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Have you been cursed yet?

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MethodMan008

So I was listening to a podcast last night around 4am while playing Dark Souls.. I was a bit tired but I figured I'd keep playing until the podcast was finished.. About ten minutes before it ended I jumped down into a pit full of extremely strange looking enemies that fired a cloud of projectiles out of his mouth..

The cloud killed me instantly and slowed the framerate to a halt.. A big notification popped up on screen, "YOU ARE CURSED" (or something to that effect)...

My heart sank.. As terrible as I heard this was I was already thinking my save might be f'd.

However, I remembered I already passed two vendors that sold cures to it.. So I ran back to the clock tower, dropped 3000 souls, and rid myself of the curse.

Definitely an overhyped status ailment (lol), but I suppose if you don't know where those vendors are it could be a real b****.

Anyhow, have you been cursed yet, how long did it take you to cure (if you have)?

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Azteck

Maybe I should always carry one with me so I don't get cursed.. when I can play the game. Friday can't come fast enough

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By imsh_pl

@Azteck said:

Friday can't come fast enough

Reading like 10 threads a day about how fucking hard it is and listening to the bombcast just makes me want to play more :/

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Chop

yeah the frogs got me and halved my health. Luckily, I had already traded something with Sparkly and ended up with a couple curse removal items.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MethodMan008

@Azteck said:

Maybe I should always carry one with me so I don't get cursed.. when I can play the game. Friday can't come fast enough

That's probably smart.. It kinda sucks to burn 3k on a item relatively early in the game, but if/when you get cursed you will definitely be happy with your decision..

@Chop said:

yeah the frogs got me and halved my health. Luckily, I had already traded something with Sparkly and ended up with a couple curse removal items.

Is Sparkly a NPC or a community member? :P

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Azteck

@imsh_pl said:

@Azteck said:

Friday can't come fast enough

Reading like 10 threads a day about how fucking hard it is and listening to the bombcast just makes me want to play more :/

Me too. I'm such a masochist. ):

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.