Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

It Took Me Four Hours To Beat The Asylum Demon...

• 63 results
    Immuniity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Immuniity

You are insane. I mean that in the best way possible.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Cincaid

@FateOfNever: Thanks! For some reason I didn't get a PM that you replied, lucky I checked back on the thread. :)

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By Slaker117

I love that this game encourages you to be totally crazy and do random insane things, but man. Reading that just confirms that I don't want to play it. Yet I'm really glad it exists.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By haggis

@FateOfNever: Clearly Dark Souls is exactly the kind of game for a gamer like you. I, on the other hand, would never have patience for this sort of thing. Frankly, I'm surprised the game even allows you to do this. Too bad they didn't offer an achievement/trophy for it.

EDIT: Nice Dodgeball reference, BTW.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By DeF
    @thehexeditor said:

A very interesting read.

You masochist.

Did someone drip hot candle wax on your chest and whip you while you played?

only if he pre-ordered :D

it's fascinating that people put themselves through this ... but I suppose it was much more fun than when I played through one of the longer arenas in the Borderlands Mad Moxxi DLC pack ...in 4+ hours. That was mindless, your task at least required some thinking!
    Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

Wow. Not played Dark Souls but have Demon Souls so I can appriciate how hard that must have been. Well done sir you crazy s.o.b.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By Marz

Ok so i just beat this guy in less than 2 minutes....   5 Black Firebombs and he's toast...  Guess If you really want the hammer and don't have the patience you can choose Black Firebombs as your gift.

zeldarocks88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fateofnever: you know, I'd hate to be THAT guy...but FYI when u get to the depths n you kill that zombie butcher dude u can get his sack that he wears on his head, which you can take back to the asylum, drop it in snuggly's nest, quit the game and start it back up and whalla! U now have that same item u just spent 4 hours trying to get while it took me a couple of seconds..but good job anyways.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@fateofnever: you know, I'd hate to be THAT guy...but FYI when u get to the depths n you kill that zombie butcher dude u can get his sack that he wears on his head, which you can take back to the asylum, drop it in snuggly's nest, quit the game and start it back up and whalla! U now have that same item u just spent 4 hours trying to get while it took me a couple of seconds..but good job anyways.

It's not about the item.

zeldarocks88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like I said sack and trade for the hammer.

zeldarocks88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why can't I see my own posts?

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@zeldarocks88 said:

You know, this OP is over 2 years old (almost 3 years). I suspect this was posted around when the game just came out. So... ya...

FangBloodhrun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wound up giving up and choosing to remake as a sorcerer. The guy who gives you the estus flask also gives you your sorcerer catalyst, and you can get a knife somewhere around there, which is a great speed weapon. Hitting/dodging the boss with soul arrow is fairly quick too, and if you are willing to grind, you can make a pretty decent fighter/sorcerer. I've had fun with it so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.