Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Looking for a few answers *slight spoilers*

Ashmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ashmai

My first is on class direction. I started out with the Thief, and at about level 14 and 5 hours of gameplay (and 100+ deaths) I decided it was too hard, and went a totally different direction and started a Sorcerer. I QUICKLY caught up to my progress I had with my Theif, killing everything fairly easy with my magical bolts of face destroy. It seems sooooo much easier. My biggest fear is getting 50 hours into the game, and realizing I should have went a different route. I see a lot of talk about "tanking" with a Knight, and having a much easier time of things. However I'm still in newb gear with no upgrades, but easily taking down normal enemies with my bolts. Is this game going to prove impossible (or nearly) for a pure caster class that can't take hits? Should I re-roll, or start focusing on dumping points into HP (stam I think?) with my Sorcerer? I freaking love this game, I just want to be able to FINISH it eventually and am feeling pretty naked in cloth, no HP, and a wand (though it doesn't seem TOO bad so far).

Second question is on where the F do I go now. I haven't rang any bells, but have went both up the steps, and down into the watery area with the ghosts. Up top, I killed some beast on a long stony walkway, where I had to jump off a tower over and over stabbing him to get by, then slightly after that hit a huge red dragon on the end of a bridge. Then I turned around and went down below, where the ghosts are and fought my way in a bit finally feeling a bit overwhelmed and turned around. Should I continue past the red dragon? Is that my next location?

I appreciate any advice given, loving the game :)

darklight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By darklight

Yeah. You need to push foward below the dragon or if you feel gambler, run under him between fire attack. Some note for the area you are in:

If you went down the stair on the dragon bridge, if you take the stair on the other side of the first stair case that bring you to the top of the bridge. It will bring you to a short ledge where you can kick a ladder to get back to the Bonfire of the undead burg and make you a shortcut at the same time.

If you use a short bow and arount 50 arrow on the tail of the dragon when you're under the bridge, you'll receive a cool Drake Sword, but need 16 Strength to wield it.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

I'd say it's possible to be a pure caster, you just have to have good dodging and rolling timing.  You do get a magic shield spell, i don't know how effective that is but i'm guessing it's a good way to boost your defense.  I wouldn't worry about it too much, but yeah Vitality is an important stat, it's a buffer for "Mistakes" you make.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Chop

I'm pretty far into the game and I'm using a pure magic character (I don't even carry a proper weapon) and it's more than viable. If you think you want a tank who uses magic as a back up, feel free to make that character. But don't make that character just because you think you'll get stuck with the build you really want later.

Ashmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ashmai

I appreciate the feedback guys :) Took a couple days to return to view!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.