Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Looks like it's happening after all! Dark Souls DLC in the works

• 78 results
    pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By pjacobson21

No. Fucking. Way.
    This just made my day.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By jozzy

@benjaebe said:

Forest of Darkness, huh? This would actually make sense if they expanded it using content they decided to cut. See here:

From the /r/DarkSouls subreddit (it's the only part of Reddit worth visiting, so go there):

"Here's a quote that was posted which might explain what the upcoming dlc will include. Note, i don't think it's referring to the dlc specifically, just something that was cut.

There was one major side quest that was cut from the game. In the Darkroot Basin, you were suppose to be able to go on a mission in order to save the Dusk of Oolacille. In this mission, you were summoned into the past, where the buildings of the Darkroot Basin were still intact. The side quest and optional area were cut because it was considered too difficult to execute.source

It's a possibility considering the "Dark Forest" patent."

That would make a lot of sense, and it sounds awesome. But isn't that the area with the hydra, don't remember a lot of ruins there.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By benjaebe

@jozzy: It's probably referring to the area around the Moonlight Butterfly - that huge castle you don't really have access to, etc. That's if this is true at all, which I kind of hope it is.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By jozzy

@benjaebe said:

@jozzy: It's probably referring to the area around the Moonlight Butterfly - that huge castle you don't really have access to, etc. That's if this is true at all, which I kind of hope it is.

That would make more sense indeed, but I thought that area was called Darkroot Forest. Other ruins I remember in the vicinity are the bridge where the covenant cat is, and the walled area where Sif guards the sword.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By amir90

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#56  Edited By golguin

I'm always down for some more Dark Souls.

WatanabeKazuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By WatanabeKazuma

The world felt so complete as it was, so I'm a little apprehensive about this news. I'll be curious to see how this new content will be integrated in the main game that said, hopefully it won't be segregated like with the Fallout DLC.

GaryDooton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By GaryDooton

That's all I need to know. I don't want a fucking cubic millimetre of it spoiled for me. I want to download it, whack it on and play with not an iota of foreknowledge.

I know it isn't, but I wish it was the Land of Giants that never made it to Demon's Souls.

I hope it's a series of hard as shit challenges like the dungeons you could go back and do on NG+ in Vagrant Story.

chet_rippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By chet_rippo

@Sooty said:

I hope the DLC says YOU INSTALLED after you download it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By jakob187

@jozzy said:

@AndyD74 said:

I think I know what it is. They are going to create a portal so that you can enter the world of Demon's Souls.

As someone with only an xbox 360, I would pay good money for that!

I would pay all of the fucking monies.

@GaryDooton said:

I hope it's a series of hard as shit challenges like the dungeons you could go back and do on NG+ in Vagrant Story.

Those were hard as shit? I must've missed that with my combo-mastering ass.

God, I should make a Vagrant Story video guide.

____

Anyways, my game save had gotten deleted by some rotten ass kid at work. In turn, I've been forced to play through it again starting from scratch. I had only had one character before. Not only is the game easier now because I know this shit, it's also just as satisfying the second time around as it was the first time. It's amazing how much this game can tickle my fancy while bludgeoning me to death over and over in the shittiest ways possible.

If they want to release some DLC, I say "bring it on". I fucking want it...all over my face...now.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jozzy

This is the only game where I find it even more satisfying to replay the game with different characters. Once you know your way around it has that perfect balance of feeling like a total badass but still having to be careful.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By CptBedlam

@jozzy said:

This is the only game where I find it even more satisfying to replay the game with different characters.

Yeah, same for me. I'm on my 3rd character now (played to NG++ with my first) and even though I s-ranked the game, I can't stop playing it. It's addicting. It's so much fun starting out with a new character.

Avatar image for weegieanawrench
    weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By weegieanawrench

Great news! I'm coming close to finishing my first play through, and looking for any excuse to stay in that dark, dark world.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MideonNViscera

@EverydayOdyssey said:

That's weird. I bought the collector's edition and I could've sworn that the developers stated they were not interested in doing DLC, but maybe I am just remembering it wrong. Nonetheless, very excited for more Dark Souls!

I think Dark Souls turned out to be a lot more popular than they were anticipating, so anything they said before release, they could easily have changed their minds on now.

Avatar image for everydayodyssey
    EverydayOdyssey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65  Edited By EverydayOdyssey

@MideonNViscera: I agree. I am avoiding beating Dark Souls because of the DLC. I am eager to check it out and do not think I'll have the patience to climb back towards it in NG+, should it require some progression to reach it. Any word on how it'll be incorporated into the game?

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#66  Edited By MikeFightNight

Right when I think i'm out, they pull me back in.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By jozzy

@EverydayOdyssey said:

@MideonNViscera: I agree. I am avoiding beating Dark Souls because of the DLC. I am eager to check it out and do not think I'll have the patience to climb back towards it in NG+, should it require some progression to reach it. Any word on how it'll be incorporated into the game?

I am pretty sure that if it is included somewhere in the normal progression of the game, it is going to be not that far into it. The whole darkroot area is pretty much open to you even before ringing a bell. And you will be surprised how easy breezy the first half of the game is in new game plus. Will probably not take you more than 3 hours to ring the two bells.

EDIT: so, just complete your first playthrough duder and feel all proud, warm and fuzzy inside for being awesome.

biggiedubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By biggiedubs

If it is just DLC, I kinda want some more PvP stuff, didn't do a whole lot of it in my play-through, and I was never really all that bothered about griefing other people / more souls and higher levels, but if it's on separate thing then I would be down for that. If its carefully monitored, of course, I'm not going up against a dude on his NG+++++

Razmataz650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Razmataz650

Maybe they'll put new enemies/weapons throughout the game, like Ninja Gaiden Black. Honestly, I'd be happy with that.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Chop

Yeah, I just want new loot to play around with.

Koblack2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Koblack2

W00T can't wait!!

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#72  Edited By plaintomato

please oh please oh please

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By laserbolts

I am currently right before the last boss and was wondering do you keep your items once you start a new game plus? I have a bunch of boss souls in my inventory. Should I use them before beating the game or not?

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#74  Edited By YI_Orange

@laserbolts: You keep everything.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By laserbolts

@YI_Orange: cool thanks dude

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#76  Edited By Oni

@laserbolts: It should be noted you lose all key items, which is keys, embers, mostly. So if you want to get weapon upgrading done, do it before NG+ when you have easy access to chunk farming at the Kiln and all the blacksmiths still have their embers.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By laserbolts

@Oni said:

@laserbolts: It should be noted you lose all key items, which is keys, embers, mostly. So if you want to get weapon upgrading done, do it before NG+ when you have easy access to chunk farming at the Kiln and all the blacksmiths still have their embers.

cool will do that...what about the boss souls like say sif's soul...I keep that for new game plus so I can have 2 sif souls in my inventory at some point?...reason I am asking is because I am going to try and get all the rare weapons and wanted to make sure I dont need to craft the ones I can now before I beat the game.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#78  Edited By Oni

@laserbolts: You keep boss souls. To my knowledge, the only things you lose are story- and progression-related items. That means keys, embers and a select few rings, the covenant of artorias and the orange charred ring, if memory serves.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.