Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Tips for a thief?

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MiniPato

So I'm chose a thief class and I'm focusing on my dexterity and endurance. I'm liking the dagger with the bleed damage, it's pretty powerful. But I've just made it to Anor Londo where flying demons stab me with lightning spears and black knights shoot javelins at me all the while. I was having a hard ass time trying to go through that right area of the castle since it is damn near impossible to take on the two gargoyle things one on one in that small area while I get buttraped by black knights shooting dragon bolts at me. It was literally impossible for me as a thief. Even if I made it to the ledge where the black knights were, as soon as I would run to one, the other would shoot a bolt at my back.

So I decided to summon some help. One person was a magic user who seemed to decimate the gargoyle creatures and black knights. The other had some kind of fire great sword that killed things quickly too. And I'm stuck here with my dagger that can barely get enough hits in for the bleed to take effect and my lightning spear. I also got invaded twice and got killed twice by pyromancers that took out 90% of my health with one fireball. So am I doing something wrong here? Or is magic and heavy weapons the only way to go, should I just spec to a magic build? Any tips for an agile class to survive here in Lordran?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.