Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

When should I start +1 also a hint for a lot of chests.

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MrCandleguy

Well, i have quite a bit of shards (Titanite shard*3,L titanite shard*3,Titanite chunk*2,Twinkling shard)

and i'm wondering when i should upgrade my sword, I currently have the Drake Sword which i need a dragon scale to level up, but by that time I think i will have a stronger sword anyway.

I have a crystal sword (180) that I think i should upgrade when i reach 20STR.

So should i upgrade my crystal sword if I can somehow or just hold onto my stuff?

(i've given that blacksmith a ember btw)

Now for the chest hint!

Where the elevator in the church below the bell dragons, take the elevator all the way down. Then trust me, fall down the other shaft( I fell down the left one when facing them) and there will be about 6+ chests there. =D
    MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MrCandleguy

anyone =[

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By pjacobson21

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you can upgrade the crystal sword.
    Killing the Hydra gets you a dragon scale so it's not too hard to upgrade the Drake Sword to +1, but getting the scales to take it to +5 is tricking because (once again, someone tell me if I'm wrong here) I believe you need to be a part of a certain covenant to get scales.
    I've been using the Drake Sword and so far don't feel like it has outstayed its usefulness, but almost any weapon fully upgraded will deal more damage than the sword. 

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrCandleguy

@pjacobson21: I know you have to be in the dragon something covenant and kill other people who are in the same covenant to get them i think. plus as cool as it sounds, i don't wanna be a dragonoid.

You can't upgrade the crystal sword? god damn it, just wasted 6k souls on a sword worse than the Drake sword.

craves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By craves

I think you can upgrade crystal weapons/equipment... problem is you can't repair them, so any souls spent upgrading that stuff will be wasted once it breaks.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrMuscle

Hard to say, i upgraded my drake sword when i got the scale from the Hydra. But people tend to say that you are better off upgrading another weapon because the Drake doesnt scale. If you have been to the valley of the drakes there is a great sword up with the undead dragon that you might wanna check out.

Thanks for the hint! Im gonna check that out tonight!

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrCandleguy
    @MrMuscle said:

Hard to say, i upgraded my drake sword when i got the scale from the Hydra. But people tend to say that you are better off upgrading another weapon because the Drake doesnt scale. If you have been to the valley of the drakes there is a great sword up with the undead dragon that you might wanna check out.

Thanks for the hint! Im gonna check that out tonight!

Good pun. haha 

And i found it cause I thought the elevator was there, i thought i was gonna die.  
    Turned around saw 1 chest, then another and another found a total of 6. it was the best mistake ever.
    Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By the_hiro_abides

Cool, I've been wondering about that spot. I also need to check a spot in the catacombs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.