Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Void

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jan 15, 2010

Rocket out of the void and save a group of stranded humans from an alien force in Dark Void.

Utter crap!

StickyMicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By StickyMicky

Just picked this up this morning. (x360 version)

The game starts, and informs me that i can press the left stick to move about, i press the left stick, the game freezes and locks up the console. 
    I restart the console, then restart the game, and try pressing the stick right, freeze. 
     ? 
    Bugger. 
    Restart again, but remove, memory card and usb drive, just in case, game freezes within 5 seconds of the prologue level starting. 
    What an utter pile of shit! 

I will take the game home with me tonight (i am in my office at work) and try it on my home system, but i suspect i know how this is going to go down :(

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Sounds to me like the problem isn't the game, I've played the game from start to finish and it didn't lock up once for me, if the problems were that bad this game would never have been allowed to leave the testing phase. Sounds like you either have a dodgy disc or a dodgy console.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By jimbo_n

yea dude. the game is bad but its not THAT bad. that is some other issue going on.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By c1337us

The game is run of the mill for sure. But I enjoyed it well enough and I encounter no issues like that when playing.

9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By 9cupsoftea

you have an xbox in your office?

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I don't recall any issues when I played it.  It was an alright game.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#7  Edited By citizenkane

I finished for a few hours and sent the game back to GameFly.  I haven't played a game that bad in a long time.  Just terrible.

StickyMicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By StickyMicky
    @9cupsoftea said:

" you have an xbox in your office? "

Hell yeah!
     Perks of owning a business i guess :p

This game is glitchy as hell, brought the game home and played the first level, saved it and took it back to work the next day, now its playing fine, try and work that one out! this is the first time i have seen anything like this, i have played most of my games on both systems with no issues, i would like to point the blame at the office console having issues, but it has never done this before (infact it is still under warranty) and has still never done this with a game since.

I do wonder if its a problem with the combination of memory card for my game saves/profile and usb flash drive for title updates (pointless having a hard drive for the office machine, we dont usually bother with dlc/MP games on it)

The home machine is an older elite with a hard drive.

I did notice that you can not play xbox originals on a machine without a harddrive (tried one at work with just with a usb stick) so maybe that is a contributing factor, shoddy code maybe?

And yeah, i agree its terrible, i paid £7 for it for a new copy and think i was ripped off :/
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By pweidman

Got my copy for $9.99.  So far I'm pleasantly surprised.  Runs great from my HDD and while production values and story are mediocre at best, the gameplay is fun, especially the vertical stuff.
    StickyMicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By StickyMicky

Played through the first 5 levels now, game plays fine on both machines, but starting a new game back at episode one, freezes the game for me on the office machine. 

Crazy.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By papercut

What are your coworkers doing to that machine that would make that happen? Maybe I don't want to know.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.