Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darkfall

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 13, 2009

A fantasy MMORPG featuring first-person combat and skill-based character development.

Anyone here play Darkfall Online? Would you recommend it?

papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By papuccino1

I'm curious about the game, but there is little info about the actual gameplay and how it has shapened up since launch. Does anyone here play it? Is it fun and what things make it fun. Thanks!

Avatar image for gelatinousgelboy
    Gelatinousgelboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Gelatinousgelboy

I played it until last fall when college reared its ugly head again. I've been watching the development of it fairly closely but I haven't gotten the oomph to try it again yet. 

I'd say it's fun if you have the right mindset. The gameplay is sort of reminiscent of Quake, in the sense of chaotic, unrealistic engagements. The full loot is satisfying if you don't ragequit when it happens to you. Monsters are much more dynamic than in other MMOs, and surprisingly challenging in a good way. And the fact that you can participate in giant sieges is always awesome. It's rough around the edges, but less so than Mortal Online at this point (just tried out the beta of that today). And like any MMO, it also definitely helps to have a fun guild to play with. 

I'd definitely encourage you to try out the 7 day trial to see how you like it yourself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.