Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders II

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Players return to the post-Apocalypse in the sequel to 2010's Darksiders, this time as former protagonist War's fellow Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, the pale rider, who seeks to resurrect Humanity to clear his brother's good name.

Massive disappointment story wise

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Heltom92

So I just finished the game and while I really like the game play, I feel like the developers really fucked up with the story.

I had just replayed Darksiders before this came out and I really enjoyed the story, but Darksiders 2 does not have anywhere near as good a story.

To be honest I can't think of a single thing this adds to the story of the first game. I suppose it fleshes out the universe a bit and Death is a cool character but it's such a letdown after the first game. The last boss is pretty pathetic as well.

Overall I did like the game and I will probably play through again but is anyone else feeling like this?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue

@Tennmuerti: link is dead

@Heltom92: I thought the story was good enough for what it was. It's Death's story. Not the story of the Apocalypse, not War's Deaths. It's building up to something bigger (with Lillith and the Prince of Darkness, which got slightly more time than it did in the first Darksiders mind you and this conspiracy is what the overall story is for the series) and I'm ok if its doing that by giving me a different character to follow and their journey there.

The last boss did suck though.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Heltom92

@Scarlet_Rogue: Yea I came in knowing that it wasn't going to follow on from the awesome ending of the first game but I just didn't find the story to be engaging at all really. I don't like how rushed the ending felt either.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

I don't know about the rest of the game but I just beat the first large boss and I am really struggling to continue. This game has entirely failed to grip me. Not sure why.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

@Heltom92: We already have a thread about this. Please, search before you post.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.