Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

A small accomplishment.

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

Edited By sopachuco13

I've played through three demos in the last two days and this has given me a false sense of accomplishment. I haven't been finishing many games lately. And, those games that I have finished left me with an empty feeling (ex: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand). I played Enslaved the other day and was really taken with the game mechanics and story of that game. Last night I played through the Darksiders demo, which was really long. I really felt a sense of accomplishment after my one hour playthrough of Darksiders. Finally, I just finished the new Castlevania demo on PS3. I found this game pretty bland.

After playing trough Darksiders, Dante's Inferno, and the new Castlevania demo on PS3, I have realized that this GoW apeing is getting a little out of control. I think that this style change is a good restart for the 3D Castlevania franchise. But, because I am playing Dante's and GoW on PS3 this new Castlevania just seemed like a bland copy. I think that this reboot is much better than the other 3D incarnations of Castlevania.

Playing these demos has given me that same feeling of satisfaction when I finish a full game. Its nice to finish something, no matter how small.  

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sopachuco13

I've played through three demos in the last two days and this has given me a false sense of accomplishment. I haven't been finishing many games lately. And, those games that I have finished left me with an empty feeling (ex: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand). I played Enslaved the other day and was really taken with the game mechanics and story of that game. Last night I played through the Darksiders demo, which was really long. I really felt a sense of accomplishment after my one hour playthrough of Darksiders. Finally, I just finished the new Castlevania demo on PS3. I found this game pretty bland.

After playing trough Darksiders, Dante's Inferno, and the new Castlevania demo on PS3, I have realized that this GoW apeing is getting a little out of control. I think that this style change is a good restart for the 3D Castlevania franchise. But, because I am playing Dante's and GoW on PS3 this new Castlevania just seemed like a bland copy. I think that this reboot is much better than the other 3D incarnations of Castlevania.

Playing these demos has given me that same feeling of satisfaction when I finish a full game. Its nice to finish something, no matter how small.  

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By FLStyle

Congratu-well-done.

I agree on Castlevania, only 40 minutes into the game I sighed to myself "a GOW clone, really?" I will complete it while I've bought it and trade it in somewhere ASAP. Seems the franchise would've made a better Bayonetta clone. Now I want to play Bayonetta, stupid Lords of Shadow.

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sopachuco13

@FLStyle:

Bayonetta was super sick. I need to play through the rest of the game though. It has been moved to my pile of shame. 

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By ESREVER

I never played he Castlevania LoS demo, I just bought it because of hype alone. If the demo doesn't offer the player to play with the light and shadow magic, then the demo does not do the game justice. 
    I felt the game was amazing and was a huge joy to play. I didn't feel like I was playing a God of War clone, it felt like its own thing. 
    Things really start to pick up after Chapter 3 of the 12 chapters. I highly recommend you give it another shot. 

Maybe I would have felt the same way if I played the demo first, but luckily I didn't. While I enjoyed the look and feel of the Enslaved demo, it didn't show much "game." I'll get it eventually because I heard its worth it. And I guess I better support the new DmC handlers. 

The Darksiders demo was pretty amazing and generous. I was honestly surprised at how long the demo went for. I really need to get that game soon, I've been itching to play the real thing.

miguelkosta76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By miguelkosta76

I agree with you about the fact of the GOW  clone affair and Darksiders but after 1 hour of play the game changes to a more open and diverse game, I know that the fighting mechanics really do feel like GOW but I more easily compare the game to one released 1999 to the Playstation called Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver.  

http://deepwatergames.blogspot.com/

miguelkosta76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By miguelkosta76

Darksiders is by it's own right a very good game, although it boroughs some ideas from other games such as Good of War, Legend of Zelda, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver or even Shadow of the Colossus, it does in such a way that doesn't seems cheap. In contrary it does in a way that feel fresh and new, making Darksiders an enjoyable and rewarding gaming experience.     

http://deepwatergames.blogspot.com/2010/11/now-palying-darksiders.html

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sopachuco13
    @miguelkosta76:
    I think that I am going to pick up the game pretty soon. I just hope that the Japanese version comes in English. I guess it might be cool to hear the Japanese voices for a game all about the tearing up and rebuilding of Christian mythology.  

You just compared the game to some really great games. After playing the demo, I can see the similarities that you are pointing out but it just doesn't seem as fresh in Darksiders. The game was a lot of fun and I am going to play it and have a good time. I just can't get past the idea that it is going to be much like when I went to see The Expendables. It was fun, I had a good time, but it was also hours of my life that I will never get back and didn't really get anything from.  

The one part of Darksiders that I think will keep me interested is how the writer used the four horseman story. I studied religion in college, so I might be interested in that. Hopefully, the demo isn't representative of the final product in story telling (I couldn't remember hardly any story bits).  

Thanks for the link miguelkosta76 I will check out your blog when I go home. My internet is blocked at school. Thank god Giantbomb isn't blocked. Shhh. yet....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.