Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

If I LOVE DMC, enjoy GOW and never played any Zelda

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By doe3879

well never played any 3D Zelda games for more then an hour
    is this the game for me?

also, is there any kind of NewGame+ feature?  it's pretty much the most important aspect of an action adventure game for me.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hitchenson

...You've never played a 3D Zelda properly? Have you owned a Nintendo system that's allowed you to do so?

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By Willy105

Don't know. But play a 3D Zelda. Kinda an empty life of a gamer without some Zelda.

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By rjpelonia

Oh, man. I thought this thread was going to be about legendary hip-hop group Run DMC.

I'm pretty bummed out now.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Relys
    @RJPelonia said:
    " Oh, man. I thought this thread was going to be about legendary hip-hop group Run DMC.  I'm pretty bummed out now. "
    wut
    doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By doe3879

I used to own a wii.  got it along with Zelda, and it bored the hell outa me
    played phantom Hourglass for quite a bit, until having to do the same dungeon over and over got irritating 

Did love the 1st Zelda for GameBoy tho, (well back then I love everything I bought)

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Snail

If you enjoy those franchises and are looking to get into Zelda, this game would be a wonderful way to start off.

v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By v

go play Ocarina of Time. You owe it to yourself.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By MikkaQ
    @RJPelonia said:
    " Oh, man. I thought this thread was going to be about legendary hip-hop group Run DMC.  I'm pretty bummed out now. "

Yeah me too. That would make for a cool game though anyway. 

Also I have owned every 3D nintendo system and have not played any Zelda games on any of them. Except for an hour or two of TP and Windwaker on gamecube, and watching my cousin through most of Ocarina. I've played all of them at some point on other people's systems... but I don't really like them. The 2D ones are more fun if you ask me.
    Andborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Andborn

Hate Zelda, loved this. So..   yeah?

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By doe3879
    @Andborn said:
    " Hate Zelda, loved this. So..   yeah? "
    Sold
    picking it up after work tomorrow
    Andborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Andborn
    @doe3879: Bold? Maybe, but I've attempted to play through Ocarina at least a half  a dozen times, and I just can't get involved in the narrative or the characters. Then I purchased Twilight Princess for the Cube, hoping the more realistic visuals would win me over. No such luck, the play mechanics are similar between these games but Darksiders has streamlined the more convoluted aspects, which is great. And I genuinely like War, he has a more self righteous air about him, akin to Raziel from the Soul Reaver series. And I am far and away a bigger fan of Amy Henning's early work i.e. pre Uncharted1 (Uncharted series as a whole of course) then any of the 3D Legend of Zelda games. I've never been as naive or malleable as Link and his story is lacking the flawed human aspect I need. Misunderstandings I get, saving a virginal princess who I'm too much a eunuch to take a pass at...    well no thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.