Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

Why is EVERYONE Angry With War?

Ghost407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Ghost407

Alright, stupid question of the day here people. I just finished playing through Darksiders today and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it! But I am still a little confused on something:

SPOILERS TO FOLLOW SO DON'T GO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!

Why is War in trouble? With EVERYONE? I understand the council set him up, but after he's cleared his name at the end of the game, why does Heaven still want him dead? For that matter, why did the council set him up in the first place? I know this is probably really simple, and maybe I need to play though it again or something, but its been bugging me for the last couple hours of the game!

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By LordXavierBritish

It was my understanding that the Council set War up so he would be there bitch.

That's pretty much all I remember about the story of Darksiders though. Man, I should really play Darksiders again.

Dots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Dots

Let's see if I remember this correctly (I haven't played it since release)

- The angels want to kill War because they believe the rumors about him starting the apocalypse early.

- The council set him up because they knew about Azrael and Abaddon's plan to start the apocalypse early (This was to give Heaven the advantage in the war). The council didn't want to be assassin's so they couldn't intervene directly, this is why they set him up, because they knew War would do anything to clear his name.

And that's about it I think. Really looking forward to Darksiders II, it's gonna be amazing!

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TentPole

At the beginning he gets framed for ushering in the apocalypse before the seven seals are broken meaning that it was not the proper time.

Ghost407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ghost407

Thanks for all the responses! I agree that war is wanted for prematurely starting the apocolypse, but he's cleared his name by the end so I just don't know why he's still going to be hunted, according to the girl angel.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By flasaltine

@Ghost407 said:

Thanks for all the responses! I agree that war is wanted for prematurely starting the apocolypse, but he's cleared his name by the end so I just don't know why he's still going to be hunted, according to the girl angel.

Cause the seventh seal is broken. Now the horsemen come down and kill everyone or something like that.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

All I know is there is a sick-ass boss fight in Darksiders 2 with War vs Death. THATS GUNNA BE SO DOPE SON.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@Demoskinos said:

All I know is there is a sick-ass boss fight in Darksiders 2 with War vs Death. THATS GUNNA BE SO DOPE SON.

Aww, don't post spoilers, man. :(

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By musubi

@GunslingerPanda: Not really spoilers...that was all over the E3 coverage.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#10  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Demoskinos

@GunslingerPanda: Not really spoilers...that was all over the E3 coverage.

Some people avoid coverage to avoid spoilers :-P

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By snakeitachi

@GunslingerPanda said:

@Demoskinos said:

Aww, don't post spoilers, man. :(

It's not the real war anyway.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By RTSlord

because War was a dick, and we all know he never changes

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By GunslingerPanda

@Demoskinos: I've intentionally avoided coverage. I'm gonna get the game anyway, why spoil some of the awesome bits for myself? About all I know of the game is that you play as Death. I also heard some crazy shit about loot or something? Like it's gone Diablo-like? lol, I'm avoiding this thread before I read anything else spoiler-y.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@GunslingerPanda said:

@Demoskinos: I've intentionally avoided coverage. I'm gonna get the game anyway, why spoil some of the awesome bits for myself? About all I know of the game is that you play as Death. I also heard some crazy shit about loot or something? Like it's gone Diablo-like? lol, I'm avoiding this thread before I read anything else spoiler-y.

Also Death is a successful stock broker and throughout your adventures you need to make sure to keep your portfolio looking good and trying to intelligently invest in various businesses. Oh yeah, spoilers.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Tennmuerti

Because politics.

Seriously tho, War and all the 4 horsemen are kind of probably some if not the most bad ass beings in the Darksiders universe, giving both Haven and Hell a run for it's money. War also killed a metric fuckton of angels on his detective quest (probably the main reason). So they aren't happy with him. Also their initial info is still that he is the dick responsible for starting the apocalypse early, even if he provides evidence that he was not to blame the stigma still exists against him. He also kinda dirtied haven plane with his muddy bloody over-sized boots. So pile all that shit one on top of another and you can see some bureaucratic fucks up in haven sticklers for holy vengeance and all that jazz gunning for him.

We also don't know just how fully deep the whole haven/hell/early apocalypse thing goes, charred council is involved there might well be and probably are other players. Some of whom including the CC might have push in Haven. (as to why charred council did it, that is supposedly one of the things Death will do detective work on in 2)

Basically it's a giant pile of shit that's happening, War is stirring it up further, and big governments like to cover up said shit and dudes like War and Co. who like to swirl the shit around finding the truth are in the way.

Yeah, politics i guess :P

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By musubi

@MariachiMacabre said:

@GunslingerPanda said:

Also Death is a successful stock broker and throughout your adventures you need to make sure to keep your portfolio looking good and trying to intelligently invest in various businesses. Oh yeah, spoilers.

God. That would make the game so much better.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rattle618

Cause he is good for absolutely nothing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.