Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darkspore

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Apr 28, 2011

Darkspore was a Diablo-style action RPG based in the Spore universe, featuring online co-op and deep customization features. It was shut down on March 1st, 2016.

Second TotalBiscuit/Cynical Brit video, great co-op overview

l3reak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By l3reak

TotalBiscuit put out a "WTF IS Darkspore?" video during the beta that was pretty good, but he didn't get very deep into the game and was only solo play, which is sorta dull to watch.

Now that the game has released he's put out a really good co-op video. He does a great job of showing off a lot of the more interesting features like the Catalyst system, shared squad abilities, chaining, and act-4 bosses. It's a pretty great video to show off to other people to give them an idea of the game (in addition to Ryan's quick look, of course!). Check it out here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp1A7MRSyvs&feature=player_embedded
    Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sanity

Yea, watched this earlier, not a bad look at the game, the whole pre-order loot thing is lame though, didn't realize they did that.

l3reak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By l3reak

Yeah, I was specifically planning on not getting the pre-order just to avoid those items, but in the end I pre-ordered anyway for various reasons. I just turned those pieces into details, as one of those guys mentioned. They are OP items at first but they're only viable for the first few worlds, and remember, you need to gear out at least 3 guys so it's not like you're JUST using your pre-order items.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DonPixel

For games like this, I go with Ten Ton Hammer.  That's the site that seems to get them right as it is specialized in all this stuff.

l3reak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By l3reak

Yeah, they had a bunch of good coverage, even a developer interview/feature. I'm gonna keep poking the GB guys until they do the same, they're like a few blocks away from Maxis headquarters, come on! ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.