4 stars 4/5 Stars Average score of 2 user reviews spread across 4 releases and 0 DLC

Not Bad, Not Great 0

I have to admit to having a soft spot for the whole space shooter with trading and missions etc type game, having played Elite way back in the day I was hooked on being a space trader. DarkStar One: Broken Alliance is nothing more than a modern update of Elite with new graphics and gameplay. If you are expecting a game that re-defines the space shooter genre this isn't it, if you just want to fly around, buy androids in sol and sell them for twice the price light years away then this is for you....

Only current space game on the 360 0

Everyone talks about the collapse of the adventure game market, and somehow that eclipses the other major genre of the 90's, the space sim/shooter/shooter. I have fond memories of the golden age of space gaming, games like Descent, Wing Commander, and TIE Fighter, for example, and have always wondered how this genre disappeared.   There have been a few recent attempts, but DarkStar One is first game for the 360 that really captures the feel of the epic series of the 90's. The bottom line is that...