Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DC Universe Online

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 11, 2011

An MMO for the PC and consoles that allows you to fight for and alongside the forces of good or evil from the DC Comics Universe.

I really like this game! Oh, that's right, it's STILL updating!

noodles91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By noodles91

I bought this game at 9:30am from my local GAME store and couldn't wait to put it in my PS3. So eagerly, with all the thrill of a child on the E numbers from the blue Smarties, I put it in my PS3 at precisely 10:00am; after clearing space on my 60Gb PS3 for the hefty 25.5Gb suggested on the back of the box. Yet I thought, 'If that's what DCUO wants, that's what DCUO shall have'. 
    So the first update from PSN at 113Mb comes and goes in the space of about 30 minutes, a bit of a long time, but hey, it's just been released today. Then I get onto the game itself, and an 11Gb download comes along, and I'm expecting a good 3 hour wait (I have crappy broadband). But alas, in just under 40 minutes, this download had passed. 
    'Amazing servers', 'SOE know exactly what they're doing' and 'Why doesn't Batman have a bulge?' were just some of the questions which crossed my mind as I awaited, what I had presumed to be, a 5 minute, 2Gb download. 
    That was at about 11:30am this morning, but here I am, a good 12 hours later, and the 2Gb download is only at 20%. 
    I'm sad and angry.

And I'll never be Wonder Woman's bitch. 

So.......anyone else from the UK suffering from the same problem?

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By mazik765

Welcome to the world of MMO's unfortunately :(

noodles91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By noodles91

It sucks, I waited for Marvel Online Universe, for it to get cancelled. I played COH/COV and loved it. I put my free 30 day subscription on and I'm now down to 29 days with nothing to show for it.
    lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By lucas_kelly

5 minute 2GB download? What kind of internet do you have?

cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By cjmabry

Well, the 11 gigs was an install from a disk, not a download. If the 113mb patch took 30 minutes to download, 2 gigs would take a LOT longer. Crappy broadband + MMO launch day = massive wait. 

noodles91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By noodles91

That explains alot, cheers cjmabry! 
    I thought I saw it say downloading was all....oh well. 
    I'll just leave it overnight and hopefully be done when I get in from work tomorrow!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.