Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

After a zombie virus sweeps across a beautiful island resort, survivors must fight their way to freedom while trying to find out exactly what went down in this open-world first-person action game.

$20 on steam today. Worth it?

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MikeHawk

I really enjoy playing open world RPG/FPS hybrids, but I'm a bit worried whether or not I will like this game. $20 isn't much of a risk, but with the backlog I already have, I don't want to add a game to my list that I won't finish. Anyways, is this game worth getting today? Also, how is the PC customization/optimization? I have a good PC and want Dead Island to look good on it.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By scarace360

fuck ya!

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By AlexW00d

The game runs fine on PC but it looks pretty shitty. Or, at least, it doesn't really look like a PC game.

atomslayer95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By atomslayer95

If you have three friends who want it as well, you can get it for 15 dollars each with the 4 pack, I do not know what you mean by PC custimization, as Jeff has said it does not work with the Nvidia two monitor thing, otherwise it works fine seemingly, I got it with 3 friends and it seems worth it.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CaptainTightPants
    @MikeHawk
    The game is outstanding. There are a lot of mods out that increase the graphics past the standard settings and even change up the sunny lighting in some of the levels.  That was the last time I checked a few months ago, I don't know how many other things awesome things people have come up with. Yes it is well worth 20 dollars.
    Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Aeterna

Wait, what's going on here? You're mentioned 15$ and 20$ prices... normally dollar changes to euro, this time it's even worse as the price here is 25euro and 18.5 each for a 4-pack.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By phrali

NO NO FUCKING NO NO NO NO ITS NOT WORTH 2 DOLLARS

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Deusx

To tell you the truth, that game bored me to DEATH.

phil87z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By phil87z

Once i got the second zone i stopped playing. Really disappointing game. 20 bucks isn't a bad price but be weary the game gets old FAST!!!!

MikeHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By MikeHawk

@phrali: well steam is running lots of good deals this weekend and I have a limited amount of money I want to spend (gotta buy Christmas gifts and stuff, too). I don't want to blow my money on a decent game if I can wait and find a better game for the same price.

@Resident4t: ok, that's what I meant by customization. Texture packs, gameplay tweaks, etc. I think I will buy it then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.