Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Sep 06, 2011

After a zombie virus sweeps across a beautiful island resort, survivors must fight their way to freedom while trying to find out exactly what went down in this open-world first-person action game.

What are the PC controls like?

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By squirrelnacho

I read the review and watched the quicklook but I don't recall them explaining. Can you control the direction of the melee with a mouse/kb?

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jayjonesjunior

Brad explained it, apparently you can't even select the Analog Melee option.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

its pretty much regular "shooter" control without the analog movement of the controller-version. There are already mods out to enable analog combat on the PC though. Left mousebutton triggers combat stance and moving the mouse lets you swing the weapon

Liber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Liber

You can enable analog swing controls only with a gamepad.

Honestly, I don't understand what the big deal is about the analog controls, you can aim at specific body parts just fine with digital.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CaptainTightPants

With a mod on the PC version you can use the Analog combat with a mouse which yes, does allow you to control the direction of swings. I think the downside the last time I checked was that you needed a controller to accept quests(Press A pretty much) because it was basically using gamepad controls. The combat is fine nonetheless, I like Analog combat with a controller more so I just use a controller. Digital combat is still a lot of fun though.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rb_man

It controls fine but I would rebind use to E and kick to F. Also make sure your F key is in good working order because in truth this game should be renamed to curb stomp the game.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Edwardryu

I don't get it why people ask like this. you should expect when you play it on PC. not just only this game but also all other games. what makes you complicated? get over it. it's simple, works fine for me (all other games).

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hunkulese

If you want to play ports on a PC get a controller. The games are all made with a controller in mind and most of the time control a lot better with a controller.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.