New Dead or Alive 5 stage lets you DERAIL SUBWAY TRAINS

#1 Edited by AjayRaz (12439 posts) -

so, this trailer came out today for Dead or Alive 5. check it:

link if the video above don't work

it reveals new character Mila-- an MMA fighter who idolizes Bass Armstrong and of course, enters the DOA tournament to kick his ass. there's some story stuff in this trailer, and that's cool and all but..

YO THE NEW STAGE LETS YOU DERAIL SUBWAY TRAINS

i'm under the impression that this stage is called Street. starts on a rooftop but you can break all sorts of shit in the stage, including a neon sign that falls onto a subway track and derails a train. also, you can throw your opponent onto an oncoming flying train that plows through a building. it looks pretty cool. all i need now is a stage that can let you push your opponent into oncoming traffic like in Dead or Alive 4 and i'll be totally fine with the fact that there are two wrestling ring stages in DOA5 for some reason.

Mila looks like a ton of fun, too. she's got that MMA ground n' pound style which is something i was really hoping for. it's also a type of stance brand new to the series, so hopefully it's done well. her power blow, where she punches like 50 times then goes into slo mo looks cool, too.

so, Mixed Martial Arts and flying trains, eh? that's a thing. maybe possible endorsement from the SkyTrain?

#2 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

SHIT JUST GOT REAL!

#3 Posted by JasonR86 (9741 posts) -

Apparently that is the most dangerous place in the world to live.

#4 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Yeah that stage looks nuts I thought they weren't gonna top the car flying at you from explosion... but they did with a train! , and Mila looks pretty cool hopefuly she will have some more ground attacks than what they showed on the video.

#5 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

where the fuck is my wallet

#6 Posted by laserbolts (5331 posts) -

Do the rains have boobs?

#7 Posted by laserbolts (5331 posts) -

Trains god damn phone.

#8 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1008 posts) -

I'm kind of starting to get excited for this game. 

#9 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

A YouTube commenter compared Mila to Miku Matsumoto.

#10 Posted by mpgeist (637 posts) -

Mila looks really cool, getting pretty excited for this game.

#11 Posted by JasonR86 (9741 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

Do the rains have boobs?

Man, Rain Boobs would be an awesome indie platformer.

#12 Posted by Demoskinos (15007 posts) -

14 MORE DAYS I CAN'T WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT. Also, really really like Mila. I'll most likely still end up on Hitomi and Tina as my go to characters but man Mila and Rig look like a ton of fun to mess around with.

#13 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2035 posts) -

That's... off the rails!

#14 Posted by AjayRaz (12439 posts) -

@EquitasInvictus said:

That's... off the rails!

best reply that this thread is going to get

#15 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

HELL YEAH GROUND N' POUND! Still waiting for an Aikido fighter to show up in a Dead Or Alive game.

#16 Posted by Timnoldzim (86 posts) -

Why don't their faces show any expression, and why don't their mouths move at all when they talk? Tsk tsk.

#17 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@Timnoldzim said:

Why don't their faces show any expression, and why don't their mouths move at all when they talk? Tsk tsk.

You're not looking very closely, apparently.

Mila looks awesome, and holy shit, that train derailment hazard. The more I see of this game, the more I want it.

#18 Posted by Hunter5024 (5805 posts) -

Damn it! I don't need another fighting game, stop looking so awesome Dead or Alive!

#19 Posted by Demoskinos (15007 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

Damn it! I don't need another fighting game, stop looking so awesome Dead or Alive!

I really do think a ton of people are underestimating this game. I've been closely following every step of the way and it really seems like they are trying with this one. Unlike Ninja Gaiden 3 and Metroid Other M both of which had iffy previews just about everything I've seen from this game only makes me want it more.

#20 Posted by Daveyo520 (6852 posts) -

This series makes me derail my subway all the time.

#21 Posted by Hunter5024 (5805 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@Hunter5024 said:

I really do think a ton of people are underestimating this game. I've been closely following every step of the way and it really seems like they are trying with this one. Unlike Ninja Gaiden 3 and Metroid Other M both of which had iffy previews just about everything I've seen from this game only makes me want it more.

I agree. If it weren't for you and @AjayRaz constantly posting awesome stuff about it I wouldn't have this problem.

#22 Posted by Akrid (1356 posts) -

Dude. DUDE.

My interest in this game has just sky-rocketed.

#23 Posted by agentboolen (1808 posts) -

@AjayRaz: Wow that city stage looks crazy! Story mode looks like its gonna be real fun.

#24 Posted by Solh0und (1795 posts) -

All for stage subway derailing.

#25 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6294 posts) -

Ain't no stoppin' this trai....

Ahhhh, fuck it.

#26 Posted by hoossy (936 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

Do the rains have boobs?

god I hope so

#27 Posted by Demoskinos (15007 posts) -

@hoossy said:

@laserbolts said:

Do the rains have boobs?

god I hope so

#28 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

I like her street clothes. :3

#29 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
#30 Posted by AjayRaz (12439 posts) -

@DolphinButter said:

I like her street clothes. :3

it gives her a tomboy-ish look. i dig 'em too

#31 Posted by Demoskinos (15007 posts) -

So if anyone was wondering what Mila's moveset looked like....

I really dig that some of her canned combos go right into a tackle and ground pound. Super awesome!

#32 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

I haven't played much DOA, but Mila is pretty cool and has my favourite style out of the cast. There's something bizarrely refreshing about a girl who's somewhat realistically clothed/proportioned (in comparison to the rest of the cast) who fights with a simple MMA style, when the roster is populated with ninjas, assassins, soldiers, and crazy wrestlers, many of whom are women with ridiculously huge breasts. Like, in a game so crazy, "boring" is kind of exciting?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.