Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 31, 2010

The downloadable prologue to Dead Rising 2 (exclusive to the Xbox 360) gives players a taste of the new "Combo Weapon" mechanic, as Chuck Greene must escape the zombie-infested rural town of Still Creek while preventing his daughter from succumbing to the zombie plague.

Can't Play Case Zero Offline?

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Evilsbane

Ok..heres my problem I have yet to run a line to my room for internet and I do not have a wireless device for my 360 (I always refused to pay 100 bucks for a g receiver) so I took my hard drive in the other room and put it in my room mates 360 and downloaded Case Zero than I took it back to my room, now when I go to play it on mine it says Game Trail and requires me to log online to unlock it...ok so I take my 360 into the other room and plug it in and it shows its now unlocked but as soon as I have no internet again I can't play it...what the hell is that? I can play Shadow Complex on or offline but not this whats going on?

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Dogma

I think the problem is that you downloaded the game on your friends Xbox with your harddrive. An Xbox 360 registers the combination between harddrive and console. If you have downloaded the game on another Xbox Microsoft want's you to prove that the game is yours and that is done by being hooked up to Live. The only way for you to play without going online is to play with your harddrive on your room mates machine, otherwise you have to be on Live. That's how it works. I have made similar misstakes fwith a couple of Rock Band songs.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Evilsbane
    @Dogma said:
    " I think the problem is that you downloaded the game on your friends Xbox with your harddrive. An Xbox 360 registers the combination between harddrive and console. If you have downloaded the game on another Xbox Microsoft want's you to prove that the game is yours and that is done by being hooked up to Live. The only way for you to play without going online is to play with your harddrive on your room mates machine, otherwise you have to be on Live. That's how it works. I have made similar misstakes fwith a couple of Rock Band songs. "
    Son Of A Bitch...thanks.
    louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By louiedog

Even if you downloaded it on another 360, if you bought it with your profile, it should still play. At least I thought so.

Anyway, do you have a computer in your room that is online with wireless? If so you can plug the ethernet cable that came with your 360 (or buy a longer one if necessary, you don't need a crossover) into the ethernet port on your computer and share the connection. That's how my 360 is online.

Mac Instructions

With a PC it's even easier. If using Win 7 just go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections and right click on your wireless connection. Go to the share tab and check the box to turn on sharing. I've set this up twice, both times it took a little while for it to work the first time. Just let it sit for awhile and keep trying. After that it just works every time the 360 starts up. For other versions of Windows, just google for windows internet connection sharing.

sandweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sandweed

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By LaszloKovacs
    @sandweed said:
    "  http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/ "
    This.
    louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By louiedog
    @sandweed said:
    "  http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/ "
    The 360 you want to migrate to will need to be online and if you accidentally link your licenses to your roommate's 360, you won't be able to try again for a year. Use caution.
    Scapegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Scapegoat

So if the game can be played offline then the best solution would be to delete the game, and then connect your Xbox 360 to the internet and redownload it. 

Not sure if it's the case with Case Zero but I remember the Green Day: Rock Band demo REQUIRING you to be online to play it (though this I think was because it was a limited time demo).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.