Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

Just curious about something...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d59d1a719efd
    deactivated-5d59d1a719efd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

First I'll say I'm going to end up getting this game.
    I liked the first game,I liked killing zombies with all of the weird weapons,I didn't like the first ones really hard main story aspect though,
    I ended up just playing the first game saving survivors and playing side missions,with that being said,should I expect the same with this or is it easier to beat the main story line?

I know that the psychopaths in this are still hard to beat,or at least some of them are,but is the main story line really hard or just challenging?

Lev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Lev

In my opinion, the second game is virtually identical in every respect. All the same fun is still there, and all the same frustration is still there. The same things that pissed you off will be back in full force, so be ready to expect that when you go into it.

I never found it to be challenging myself, but it can be difficult at the same time. I like to differentiate between the two because challenging means there is something you can usually control, whereas difficult might imply that the designers setup the game so everything works against you.

You still save survivors under strict time limits. You still complete story missions within strict time limits. You still run slow, you still typically have more missions/survivors to rescue at any given time than are possible to achieve. The psychopaths are still frustratingly designed and feel like a chore to slay. The control is still clunky and rigid feeling and well.. literally basically nothing has changed in those respects. You can combine weapons and you are in a new (but still mall) area, but overall it just felt like an expansion pack to me - nothing that warranted a completely new game.

But that's just my opinion - I'm sure others may disagree with me.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#3  Edited By alistercat

The game is so much easier than the first. It's so easily possible to do a perfect run through with all survivors, all sidequests and S rank ending. Especially at lvl 50. It's not challenging, unless you are attempting it for the first couple of times or at low levels. Psychopaths are not fairly balanced but at high levels with knife gloves they go down so easily.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.