Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

Question About Dead Rising 2's Co-op.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Baillie

I am just wondering two things. 

1. Is the game fully co-op? Can I play the story with 2 people the whole time, or is there a dedicated, separate co-op mode? 
    2. If the game is fully co-op, can we both earn achievements, ala Fable 2? 

Thanks duders. Please don't call me out for being a non-searching noob.

FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By FightMeNerd

I have a question as well. If one person is with survivors in tow and another person doesn't and then the person without survivors leaves the area while the other is still in the middle of an area do the survivors get left behind? What if both survivors are at 2 different doors and both have survivors. The one that activate the door is the only one that keeps his survivors?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

As far as I know, it is fully co-op, but maybe one of our UK duders that are already playing the game can answer it.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I also have a question:  Is it split-screen?  (I'm guessing not :/)

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By beargirl1

i believe it's co op story, but the story progress only goes to the host.  
    @xobballox: as far as i know, it isn't 

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Baillie
    @Chaser324: Oh, so it's not out in the US yet? Interesting. I guess I will pick this up tomorrow and answer these burning questions myself.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@AjayRaz said:

@xobballox: as far as i know, it isn't  "
    yeah, figured as much :X  It would be the perfect game to sit down with friends and screw around in.
    FightMeNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By FightMeNerd

Anyone know the answer to my questions?

MightySpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By MightySpork
    @BadNews said:
    " Anyone know the answer to my questions? "
    Yeah, the simple answer is it can't happen.  You have to be in the same zone as your co op buddy at all times and you have to gather your party before setting forth, Baldurs Gate style.  Both have to be in range of the same set of doors to go through.   You can still abandon slow AI followers as normal.  

That restriction aside Co op was amazingly fun when I was trying it out last night.
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Hooded

For the main questions, The game isnt exactly fully coop. Basically the host gets the story progression, money, Combo cards and PP he gets when playing and the coop buddy only gets money, combo cards and PP he gets when playing, he doesn't get story progression. I have earned some acheivements when playing as the "Buddy" but I didn't get acheivements like returning 10 survivers. So i guess you only get a few, the host will get the acheivements.

As kinda explained, players have to be in the same area, to do that you both need to be near the door to be able to pass through, this forces cooperation otherwise you just wont be able to go anywhere. The survivers follow the last person that presses the Y button, but for them to go through doors they have to be within an area, theres a visual icon that pops up letting you know when they are close enough. However you can pass through the doors without them and leave them behind.

And no the game doesn't have Split screen.

Hope that helps.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Exactly the questions I had! Thanks for the info guys!

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Vorbis

I have been playing the whole time Co-op, it's been done very well when compared to something like Fable II.

• The host and guest will get all trophies/achievements.
    • If one player dies they go into a "down state" and the other player can revive them with food.
    • You must be in the same area, but you aren't leashed to each other.
    • You are both required to be at the same door before changing area.
    • Survivors will follow whoever activates the mission (showing their Chuck in the cutscenes).
    • Story progression is locked to the host, but guest can still witness it all.
    • Guest can make weapons, earn PP, drive vehicles, start missions, lead survivors, wear different outfits.
    • If the host disconnects, the guest is prompted to save.
    • You will damage each other with most weapons.
    • Guests own story isn't hurt in any way, they can return to it with all the PP/combos/outfits they earn in co-op, but you do lose equipped weapons.

I highly recommend playing it through co-op, there's even a trophey/achievement for doing the story together. It's just alot more fun when there's 2 of you and makes the psychos much easier to handle.
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Vorbis
    @OtakuGamer:  That's true, but the only major reason kill counts matter are for the 500 / 5000 / 53,000 / 72,000 trophies. And you are really only going to hit 500 in a normal playthrough, to hit the others you're going to need a dedicated playthrough just for killing.

But you will miss out on the bonus PP for missing a killing milestone, so yeah would be nice if it was changed to fix that.
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hooded
    @Vorbis said:
    " @OtakuGamer:  That's true, but the only major reason kill counts matter are for the 500 / 5000 / 53,000 / 72,000 trophies. And you are really only going to hit 500 in a normal playthrough, to hit the others you're going to need a dedicated playthrough just for killing.  But you will miss out on the bonus PP for missing a killing milestone, so yeah would be nice if it was changed to fix that. "
    I got over 2000 kills last night, quite quickly. So I reckon you can get the 5000 in a normal playthrough. The others you will need to have a seperate playthrough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.