Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

So I just finish playing the game. *Spoiler warning* (blog post)

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By D0tti

And I got the S rank finish, this was on my first playthrough and my first time playing a Dead Rising game. I don't feel like i'm gonna go through the game again with the "new game+" or whatever. The game just wasn't that fun, it felt more annoying than anything. The psychopaths were so damn tedious and boring and the super zombies at the end were SO FUCKING annoying, sure you could just plow through them with an broadsword or katana(just had this weapoon once, after killing the twins), but I just wanted to get to the end and finish the game. I felt like all the zombies were just "in the way", well they are in the way, but for me they were just annoying and kinda felt unnecasary when they grabbed me and stuff. And saving a game was no fun at all, I hated having to look for a toilet after every little important thing u did.

I'm usually not this negative towards games I finished, but this game kinda bugged me. I had no fun with the bosses and no fun saving the survivors. I think the only fun I had was experementing with the combo weapons and than using them on the zombies(off course), but this was only fun in the beginning of the game, after awhile I just used the "defiler" and the "knife gloves" and it just got tedious killing the zombies. I ended up killing 4700-4800 zombies(I killed all this zombies mostly out off frustration for dying against a psycho because my swing at him didn't hit because he was busy loading his hit up or because my survirors killed me while I tried rescuing them) and finisehd on lvl 31. 

So yeah this is a "love or hate" game as most people has pointed out, but it could have easily been a better game if it hadn't been for the clunky movement of Chuck and bad save spots and for the sometimes poor AI off the survivors and tedious and boring boss fights. This are things that I would think could be easy to fix, considering that these was some off the same problems that the first game had(after reading around on the interwebs).

Basically I think i'm just going to return it in for either FIFA 11 or Fallout: New Vegas(if I have the patients to wait for it :P).

Dustpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dustpan

FAN-TASTIC

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.