Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Sep 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2 is a third-person action-adventure survival horror game that takes place five years after the end of the original Dead Rising, moving its zombie apocalypse setting into the glamorous Fortune City.

The Facts Boss Fight is shit

Eckshale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Eckshale

Anyone else found this to be a buggy little piece of hell.
    Don't know how many times this has been jacked for me now, always getting knocked inside of the geometry.
    His bombs destroy all health items scattered around, he takes hundreds of bullets to take down and close to as many knife glove hits.
    This guy is just a downer and i hope they don't go out on such a shitty point.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Death_Burnout

Im suffering on this right now, and also the game just crashed because of it. It is by far the worst boss fight i have played in a long long time. Ive tried simple things like throw flares back at him to see if the rockets can get him...that never works.

Ive tried patiently to get rockets to destroy all breaks in the floor...i cant get it to be fully done. even when gaming the system and taking the elevator back and forth to reset items. Shooting him seems like it would take forever... and an infinite amount of guns.

I think this boss is awful, what a sour way to end a game too. Ive seen the strategy to take him down on another thread. i will try that now...but even that seems like gaming the system, but hey...its DR.

Eckshale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eckshale

Yeah, just did the Overtime boss as well, not as buggingly annoying.

"The Facts" Guy is just set up to be annoying.
    Then i just hate everything about the psycopath fights, they always overstay their welcome.
    And the abuse they take should really make their death cinematics quite impossible, 
    as what should be left of their heads would be a puddle on the floor.

luciphaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By luciphaze

I was still on the fence when I got to this boss, but somewhere around my fifth attempt, I began to truly hate this game. Overtime didn't help either. Sweet, a fetch quest which serves no purpose in-universe or without.

Bongos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Bongos

I just did the facts in just one try and here what I did if you want to get up close and personal. Don't even bother if youre on your first playthorough since you need the speed attack health and inventory slots to make the fight even bearable.Get all or at least two of the health magazines and load up on orange juice and creamers and knife gloves or tenderizers. He can't knock them off since they're gloves and the knife gloves do well enough on him. With at least two health magazines one creamer or orange juice heals up at least 11 health squares. 

To dodge gunfire just dodge roll since it negates all gunfire pretty much to get close. If you want to heal up just jump down and stand near the platform since he can't get a good shot. Stand in the middle of the platform for the love of all that is good. If he tries to uppercut or kick you you'll just end up near the edge of the ring. 

A good time to strike is right after he tries to roll into you give him a few swipes then dodge roll away and try to read his actions until he goes down eventually. If you get knocked off and fall into the lower floors all I do is just dodge roll all the way back up. Gotta love that dodge roll and stay in the middle! 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.