Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Aug 08, 2006

Freelance photojournalist Frank West struggles to survive a zombie outbreak after being trapped inside the Willamette Parkview Mall. Frank has seventy-two hours to get the scoop of his life while dispatching the undead hordes with anything he can grab.

Dead Rising and whats next

Truitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Truitt

After a 3rd or 4th try, I finally figured out Dead RIsing. I had popped it in a number of times, and not garnered any enjoyment out of it, but this time was different. I knew there was a good game in there somewhere, I just didn't see at first.

I think my first thought was that taking pictures was actually an important part of the game (which isn't the case at all). After realizing how little I was enjoying taking pictures, I basically ignored the concept. Dead Rising really has a lot of fun options to allow you to do what you want, and I was having a whole lot more fun saving people and exploring than trying to get good PP with a camera shot.

I'm looking forward to DR2 now. I really do think Dead Rising is an amazing title (at least I think it was) for the 360, and is one of the best zombie games I've ever played. I'm not a huge zombie movie fan, but this game got the vibe I would want from a zombie movie. Just the right amount of story and mystery mixed together.
    ---
    Persona 2 is what I'll be working on for a little while, though I'm sure I will add another game soon. I know my list has Fallout 3 as the next game to play, but I have a hankering to start Assassin's Creed. I think I played it originally for 20 minutes and never got back to playing it, so I really feel like I should give that a try soon. SSFIV will be played in little bits as well. I really want to be good at it, but I don't want to commit the time to do so.

Make sure to persuade me to add games to my to-play list.

I'm serious, I want some opinions badly. I don't get recommendations from people anymore...I really only give them out.

Truitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Truitt

After a 3rd or 4th try, I finally figured out Dead RIsing. I had popped it in a number of times, and not garnered any enjoyment out of it, but this time was different. I knew there was a good game in there somewhere, I just didn't see at first.

I think my first thought was that taking pictures was actually an important part of the game (which isn't the case at all). After realizing how little I was enjoying taking pictures, I basically ignored the concept. Dead Rising really has a lot of fun options to allow you to do what you want, and I was having a whole lot more fun saving people and exploring than trying to get good PP with a camera shot.

I'm looking forward to DR2 now. I really do think Dead Rising is an amazing title (at least I think it was) for the 360, and is one of the best zombie games I've ever played. I'm not a huge zombie movie fan, but this game got the vibe I would want from a zombie movie. Just the right amount of story and mystery mixed together.
    ---
    Persona 2 is what I'll be working on for a little while, though I'm sure I will add another game soon. I know my list has Fallout 3 as the next game to play, but I have a hankering to start Assassin's Creed. I think I played it originally for 20 minutes and never got back to playing it, so I really feel like I should give that a try soon. SSFIV will be played in little bits as well. I really want to be good at it, but I don't want to commit the time to do so.

Make sure to persuade me to add games to my to-play list.

I'm serious, I want some opinions badly. I don't get recommendations from people anymore...I really only give them out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.