Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

New Game+

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23
    deactivated-5a1d45de5ef23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

So i beat Dead Space 2 yesterday (Fucking awesome game) and i started to replay it again today, with the new game+ feature. I put it on Zealot before going to hardcore, but after a while i was wondering, "is it really this easy?" as i was just stomping the necromorphs and almost oneshotting them. Then when saving somewhere in the first chapter, i find out its on normal difficulty. 

so my question is, does anyone know if i change the difficulty setting to Zealot, will i be able to get the achievement for beating it on zealot, or does it have to be a clean start to unlock it? anyone who has a similiar problem who can shine some light on this?

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By laserbolts

I would assume a clean start like most games and besides you're only on the first chapter anyway.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SuperWristBands

Clean start. Otherwise you would be able to change it at the end from normal --> zealot, and still unlock an achievement.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laserbolts: yeah i dont mind going back half an hour, Problem is just, if i start a totally new game, i cant bring over my suits and upgrades.  

Thats the problem. 
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SuperWristBands
    @Jethuty: 
    Did you save over your clear file and your file that was at the end of the game?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sasran: erm no, i just used the new game+ and picked zealot. AND SOMEHOW ITS NORMAL
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SuperWristBands
    @Jethuty: 
    Okay. I don't know what is wrong. I had always heard that you could start on a higher difficulty with New Game+. Try loading your clear and choosing Zealot again. Can't be much more help then that. Sorry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sasran: yeah problem is i overwrote that clear game file with this run, as i didnt see it was on normal. 

So its either play through normal one more time or go directly to hardcore. 
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SuperWristBands
    @Jethuty: 
    How about the file you had in the last chapter? Did you overwrite it with the clear game save?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sasran: i only use one save.
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SuperWristBands
    @Jethuty: 
    That's unfortunate. I suggest going through normal once more. I am doing the same thing. I played through on survivalist and my NG+ is also that same difficulty so that I can pick up some achievements and also work on upgrading my weapons and stockpiling healing items for Zealot.

*Just use an extra save for your cleared file*
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By NTM

Not the same problem really. But I had the same thought about it being easy, then I checked to see if I picked the correct difficulty, and luckily I did. The game is still easy on Zealot.

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By fishmicmuffin

I'd say go balls deep and try it on Hardcore. Don't waste your time on normal, especially if you already beat it on normal. It would probably be tough but the satisfaction will be immense!

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SuperWristBands
    @fishmicmuffin: 
    I can only speak for my own gaming abilities, but it seems that going straight into Hardcore is a good way to waste a lot of time. Not only does it seem that it is his first run through but it was on normal (nothing wrong with this, to be clear). He will likely not have good strategies for the difficulty or a good feeling of how to tackle each area. 

I don't know. Maybe I am making hardcore out to be way harder then it is, but I for sure do not want to waste a few hours because I forgot a dude was gonna drop into the elevator I was in and kills me before I make my first save.
    fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By fishmicmuffin
    @Sasran: Fair enough. I suppose memorizing the game a bit more might be a better alternative to going straight into hardcore. I rescind my previous comment, and say power through it again on normal. That way you'll know all of the scripted events much better.  

I'd then start a normal game on zealot, as this well be more reminiscent of how hardcore will be (because you can't NG+ straight into hardcore) and get a feel for the difficulty. 
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SuperWristBands
    @fishmicmuffin said:
    I'd then start a normal game on zealot, as this well be more reminiscent of how hardcore will be (because you can't NG+ straight into hardcore) and get a feel for the difficulty.  "
    This is actually a really good idea. I think I may do this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.