Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

A good 1-h Sword ?

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ToxicFruit

What 1-h sword would you recommend, I am now with the Dragon long sword +3 and thinking about upgrading it to the max or is there a better sword I should do that with ?

aliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By aliss

crescent falchion does awesome damage if you have high magic; it's quick too which is nice.

however, if you don't have high magic i think the dragon longsword would be better

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

Personally, get white soul tendancy on 4-1 and get the Makato sword in the pit and upgrade that. You'll do FAR more dmg. However, the Makato sword drains your HP as you use it, so use the regenerator's ring and the Abjucator shield to regenerate the lost health. But it does amazing dmg with great speed.  

But for simplicity sake, the Crescent falchion +1 found on 4-1 upgraded is also pretty good.
    HaniBall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HaniBall

crescent kilij+5 works for me in stonefang. And my magic stat is dismal.

I could never get the hang of my sharp uchi+5. And my dex stat isn't dismal. Regret spending the stone on it.

Avatar image for infinitestatemachine
    InfiniteStateMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I used a dragon long sword as my main weapon and take out Makoto when there's a bigger enemy/boss/black phantom

where do you get colorless souls though?

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EvilTwin
    Avatar image for infinitestatemachine
    InfiniteStateMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@EvilTwin: thank you sir
    Raindog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Raindog

Me I like the attack animations of long sword/knight sword. As my main damage stat was faith I went with a blessed knight sword +5 on my second playthrough. A dragon longsword +5 will nearly trivialize your game in the first playthrough though so don't bother with makoto if you dont want to.

aliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By aliss

some other thoughts:

uchigatana is fast; if you buff it up enough it will get really nasty

demonbrand can be wielded with 1 hand; it's slow but mega powerful if you have strong white character tendency. white character tendency is actually easy to get, if you play through the game without ever invading as a black phantom you eventually pick it up; and then you can do 480 damage in one hit from the Demonbrand. not bad! :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.