Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

DemonBrand Half damage...

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vitor

So I was checking my sword stats and my demon brand now only does 288 instead of 430 damage as it did earlier.... It's not broken or anything - please tell me it's just a halloween thing? 'Coes I got a weird disconnect during a online game where it didn't register that I just helped beat the Tower Knight and yet gave me the souls without reviving me and I'm worried it messed up my stats.... (was using my Crescent Falchion +4 which does 288 total damage on the game and worried it switched up stats).

That would be one weird a** glitch though if so. Anyone else having this?

yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By yyZiggurat

Demon/Soulbrands do less damage if you don't have pure Character Tendency.  You'll get more damage if you have Pure White CT with the Demonbrand and more damage with the Soulbrand with Pure Black CT.  The Northern Regalia is similar but you just have to be on either extremes and not on Neutral CT to get the most damage.

jamescheong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By jamescheong

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

Good source for all info like this. I use North Regalia as my main but yea, the character extremes is a real pain - I'm constantly having to invade to counterset my tendency that went towards white from killing an invading black phantom.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vitor

Tried going for black soul tendency as I wanted more colourless demon's souls but it's such a pain - not good enough to risk losing a soul level in PVP and there aren't enough non-valuable NPCs around for you to kill. Plus every time I kill a Black Phantom or a Boss, it seems to set me back down to white... At least I have the North Regalia now and will probably work back up to white so I can power it up fully.

Also, any idea if the Halloween increased enemy strength thing is still ongoing? Because I just got annihilated by the Shadowmen Shrine skeletons/Adjudicator boss and am having a really hard time... Unless this is just New Game + being a f*uck tonne harder than my original playthrough... Having a soul level of 110 does not help apparently

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.