Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

HEALLP!!

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By luce

i started this game about 2 days ago.

i'm a Knight with Flute armor and a "Crescent Falchion" blade.

I can't seem to get to the second boss "Tower Knight" without dieing. There are two red knights along with the usual enemys infront of the boss entrance and even when i manage to get there, the Tower Knight manages to impale me before i make it to the stairs.

I increased my attributes alot "mostly Endurance, Vitality, and Strength" and powered up my kite shield

heres a few questions:

1) i was reading that newbie guide for things to get. i got most of them except the "Purple shield" because i don't know where the "Dragon roost" in 1-1 is. does anyone know?

2)if and when i do get to the Tower Knight, is there a way to kill him without getting up close? i've experimented with magic (i have the Soul arrow) and i have a couple bows.

3)the bow that i was told to retrieve in the newbie guide (compound long bow?) cannot be wielded by my knight with skill apparently. what do i need to wield it skillfully?

4) why are there Red knights where there shouldn't be? they weren't there before yet now they are.

5) i used the soul of the first boss (phalanx) did i need it for anything important?

help is greatly appreciated..oh and excuse the horrible grammar
    jamescheong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By jamescheong

The reason there are red knights there is because the world is pure black tendency, mostly due to the Halloween event. Once the world isn't pure black anymore, those red knights will be gone.

Dragon's roost is if you turn left before the bridge the red dragon flames up in 1-1. You'll see the blue dragon and a bunch of dead bodies in a clearing. Purple flame shield is also a rare drop off any red eyed knight

If you look at the item information, you'll see how much str/dex/etc you need to use a weapon/shield correctly. Also refer to this Demon's Souls wiki for most information you'll need 
    http://demonssouls.wikidot.com

Phalanx's soul is used for making Scraping Spear.

Tower Knight is much easier if you are able to roll freely (aka don't get over 1/2 of your max equip burden). That way you can evade his attacks much easier and run around him to attack his ankles.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Goes without saying that you should take care of the archers to start the battle of =P Buut once thats done your supposed to hack at the giant SOB's heels to knock him over to which u should also keep clear when that happens. 
    Tactics for going against in general is to time your rolls, his attacks are really slow so if u manage to avoid an attack u can get a good few hits in.  Also since i imagine your in soul mode i'd recommend having yourself summoned, since even just another player can help the battle immensly with one able to get his attention while the other hacks at his heels.
    richtm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By richtm

Your problems with the stage are probably due to the World Tendency Halloween event.  I'm not sure yet if it resets...

Your problems with the boss are probably due to your armor.  Consider removing some pieces of armor.  After all, this isn't really a boss where you can afford to get hit in the first place.  Just make sure you're under half your equip burden and can roll at full speed.  Know when to lock on and when to not lock on.  Sometimes you might just want to sprint in a particular direction and being locked on will hinder you.  To get close to him, bait him into tossing a lance and then sprint straight between his legs without locking on.  Lock on to a leg after you get behind him.    

At point blank range he only uses two attack, the shield slam and the hop backwards.  The shield slam shouldn't hit you if you are behind him.  The hop can be blocked easily.  Stay behind him and take intermittent swings at his legs between his attacks.  The steam shooting out tells you how damaged each leg is.  Hurt the both enough and he will topple and you can wail on the head for massive damage.  If he gets you in front of him, break lock and sprint/roll between his legs again.

Good luck!

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By handlas

i bought the game on Halloween and was also having trouble getting into the front gate with the blue-eyed knight and the two black phantoms there.  Except for me, I never got past them unlike you.  Good to know they are only there because of the halloween thing.  Maybe I'll be able to progress if they are gone.

The 2 black phantoms were gone for me today.  Much much easier now.  I was able to get in and fight the Tower Knight finally.  Killed me 3 times tho :/

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By luce

Ok so i just explored other areas and found kick ass equipment and leveled up a bit. Then i got some magic and owned that stupid Tower Knight with soul arrows. 

much easier than i thought

thanks for the advice!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee
    @luce said:
    "Ok so i just explored other areas and found kick ass equipment and leveled up a bit. Then i got some magic and owned that stupid Tower Knight with soul arrows.   much easier than i thought   thanks for the advice! "

Lucky u could learn magic, my Priest is stricted to keepin himself alive with spells rather than dishin pretty colours at enemies =P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.