Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Saving your position when quitting

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By markini6

Hey guys quickly need to help to know if I can quit whilst in a level on demon souls (1-1, just seen my first phalanx) and when I load the game up I'll be in that same position/place as when I quit. Thanks :)

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Yupp, far as I remember you should return right back to where you left yourself.

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By markini6

Thanks so much for the quick reply :)

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By trophyhunter

are you sure I don't think you can quit in the middle of a level

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Karkarov
    @trophyhunter: 
    No you can, all progress will be saved even.  The only risk is making sure you loot every drop before you do so because anything on the ground that is not a static world loot will be purged when you quit the game.
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah, there are even some people who were resetting the game when they were about to die a so they didn't lose souls. If executed properly (you could do it after dying, but waiting too long results in the game saving your death) doing so would spawn you at the beginning of the last area you entered with all souls intact.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Karkarov
    @SuperfluousMoniker said:
    " Yeah, there are even some people who were resetting the game when they were about to die a so they didn't lose souls. If executed properly (you could do it after dying, but waiting too long results in the game saving your death) doing so would spawn you at the beginning of the last area you entered with all souls intact. "
    And that also resulted in the corruption of save data for alot of people and caused them to lose their characters.  If you can't man up and handle death my advice is not to "pull the plug" but to simply not play Demon's Souls to begin with.
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Karkarov: Very true. There are enough places to farm souls easily that risking character corruption is not a very smart move. Not to mention that the game really isn't as hard as its reputation, and usually you will know when you're going into a risky situation. Walking into a new area or boss fight for the first time with several thousand souls on your person is just asking for trouble. Slow and steady wins the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.