Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Destiny DLC after The Taken King?

spasticanomaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I've been waiting to buy Destiny until I'm pretty sure I'll get most if not all of the content that will ever be released for it. Are there any known plans to continue release DLC after The Taken King, or is Bungie putting a bow on it?

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'd hope so, that they'd move to destiny 2 after this one, but considering it's activision we are talking about one can never expect nothing less than the highest level of milking possible so who knows.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They got a 10year plan for their emote and shader DLC linup.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I assume there will be another two or three smaller expansions like House of Wolves before we get another large update to the game. Most likely being Destiny 2.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on what they've put out so far and what previous content plan leaks suggest, it seems like their plan is to release 2 DLC packs a year along with a major content release every fall over the next 9 or so years. There are likely to be two DLCS in early to mid 2016 and then probably Destiny 2 in fall 2016. Then probably two more DLCs in 2017 and a major expansion in fall 2017.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

House of Wolves coming March 10. Plague of Darkness coming September 2015, will include new playable area called "Hive Ship" where Raid probably takes place, also includes 12 new story missions, 3 new subclasses, 2 new weapon types, and more. I'm presuming that a "GOTY" edition of Destiny will be released around the same time and will include PoD, TDB, and HoW. New Vex-based expansion pack coming presumably in December 2015. Another expansion coming presumably in March 2016 called "Forge of Gods", maybe deals with Cabal. Destiny 2 will probably be released in late 2016 then.

Synopsis of the Destiny leak two more DLC packs to come.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the leaks are still somewhat accurate (things changed a tiny bit already) there's a Vex based expansion and a Cabal one. I'm guessing they'll sell a second expansion pass. After that? Who knows.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By jay_ray

If Destiny (franchise) really is a 10 year endeavour then I expect they planned a trilogy. So I think there will be 2 major expansions to each game (the first being The Taken King) with a total of 6 smaller expansions (Dark Below, House of Wolves) per disc base game. If they make a tetralogy then I'd assume 1 major expansion and 4 smaller expansions per disc release. Either way I think there is at least one more year before Destiny 1 is "complete"

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you don't want to buy DLC Destiny is not the game for you. After Taken King I suspect there will be two more DLC packs afterwards then "Destiny 2", whatever that is, next fall.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if the whole ripping light levels out of the game goes well I might actually start playing again.(and buying dlc if more comes)

spasticanomaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, thanks for all the input, guys! Despite the hellish experience Destiny has been for a lot of the people who've been in it since the beginning, but I'm guessing if I can get it all for $60 after they've done all the patching they can stand, it'll be a pretty good game.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

If you are going to jump in at Taken King, there will be an awful lot of Destiny content to play through and it will easily be worth your $60. But I do strongly suggest finding a group to run with quickly. Destiny will still not be all that much fun playing solo. It's a coop centered game and playing without a group is missing the point entirely. Check out the Giantbomb Clans and join one that seems appropriate for you. You can also try to join one of the Lincoln Force groups at the top of the forum but most of those clans are entirely dead at this point and you will most likely not even be accepted into them at this point. You could also always find a random group on LFG sites for Destiny, but most of those guys will disperse after that event and you will never see them again. It's much better to find a community home and guys to play regularly with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.