Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Embarrassing to admit, but I have never attempted a raid or high-end group content

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jnal

I've had the game since launch but have yet to actually attempt a raid and have only ever attempted 2 nightfalls and never finished one. Anyone else like this? I've played all of the strikes and the story missions but never had the group to do anything else.

mpdebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mpdebo

I think you are in the majority, it can be tough to get a group together.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
    deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've completed nightfall missions and raids but even with websites like DestinyLFG, it can still be difficult to find people to do these with and even harder to work with people you don't know.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By conmulligan

Yeah, I've had the game since launch and never even joined a Fireteam.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Edited your thread title to be a bit more descriptive.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mike: That's cool didn't mean to be misleading.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Not something to be embarrassed about. Those raids are setup in a way that can make them extremely inconvenient to do. The total lack of in game clan support certainly doesn't help any.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I got to 20 without ever even grouping with anyone else, I think. I enjoyed the game as a thoughtless single-player experience, though. Looking forward to trying out some of the new stuff.

bakoomerang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bakoomerang

I'm totally in the same position. I played it a lot when it first came out - got a character of each class to the level cap (and beyond - stupid light system!!) - and it was pretty much all solo, except for the strikes. I didn't touch the PvP either. I eventually got bored and stopped playing before the first DLC dropped, but I've decided to give it another shot now the expansion's out.

Maybe I'll join the GB clan and see if I can get to play some of the high level content this time (although I'm still playing on the 360 and it seems like most people are on PS4 so that might not work out so well for me!).

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yeah I've done everything in the game except raids and nightfalls

I just don't know anyone that plays destiny, let alone five other people

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Yeah that's all Destiny became for me outside of the random day I had 2 other friends to do strikes. I'm actually surprised at how different Taken King is from regular Destiny in just the early parts I've played. It feels like so much more fleshed out world building wise.

Invo1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnal: I only recently completed each raid after "having" the game since the Beta. I am happy to roll with anyone that wants an extra team member. Add me on PS4 : Invo1221

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's embarrassing about that? Destiny made it so difficult to do that stuff, I wouldn't blame you. I still haven't been able to find 5 friends that.

1: Play Destiny

2: On a PS4

3: Played it enough to get to endgame content

4: that don't live with me (and therefore share a PS4 with me)

Sure I could go on here or whatever and try and find people but... eh.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm embarrassed that I played Destiny at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The way the game's matchmaking systems are structured, it's actually kind of a feat in itself to collect a group capable of handling a raid. Unless you're going out of your way to LFG or join a web-based Destiny clan (like the Giant Bomb group @spaceinsomniac called out above), you'll find it pretty common to never see that stuff.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I went into this new expansion with a fully light leveled hunter, which was 34 at that point, a 32 warlock and a 7 titan. I managed to get high end gear and weapons, and I never completed a nightfall, a raid or a higher level PoE match. The game, to it's credit at least imo, made it possible to level and get good gear in different ways. I managed to get etheric light from grinding Iron Banner. I actually became kind of okay in multiplayer, and I liked the format because it was a death match, but with the element of having to capture control points, so if I was bad at shooting I could just try to pay attention to points and help my teammates. I never hooked up a mic when I did this, but I managed okay.

I did heroic dailies and weekly strikes and the basic level of PoE. PoE was really good for grinding coins and you could get some nice weapons at the end.

Don't feel bad or left out. I consider myself a big Destiny fan, but I am too old (yes, 32 isn't that old, but I'm not a college age kid with lots of time on my hands either) and work a 40 hr a week job, so trying to raid was not something I wanted to dedicate too much of my time to. I just focused on what was fun for me and managed to do well in the game. I'm not planning on taking on the big content in TTK either. I like just doing my bounties and story stuff with the occasional run in Iron Banner for loot. :D

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't have any friends who are into video games and I'm not into playing with people I don't know, so I went to 20 by myself a few months ago. Story missions and public events via that website Jeff mentioned.

I'll eventually play Taken King. I just didn't have the time previously to grind for new items to increase my level. I still have a huge backlog of games to play.

LionsLinden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda in a same boat there. Only ever did Vault of Glass once. No nightfall or anything. VoG was also only happenstance when I saw someone in some Destiny subreddit looking for some rookies to whom he could be sherpa. He got one of his buddies on board and us four other VoG virgins. Did it in 90 minutes or some such. While I enjoyed it years of WoW have teached me that any kind of grind in a game like this is futile.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Dan_CiTi

I have a buddy or two and we just use LFG, not so bad. That being said if I didn't have at least one person to play this with somewhat regularly I doubt I would even begin to care. Mainly because the smaller content and the crucible were mostly bad in original Destiny, and it wasn't until stuff like Vault of Glass where the game began to be engaging, but even that raid became super autopilot after awhile. I'm probably going to get into the Taken King tonight though.

Stamps1723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I've done everything in the game except raids and nightfalls

I just don't know anyone that plays destiny, let alone five other people

Same here. I could never get enough people together to do one and no one wanted to take me on due to lack of experience. iI sucks.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It's not embarrassing when the game built around team work gives you basically zero tools to create said teams and the development team is all but aggressively opposed to integrating them.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OurSin_360

I've done a nightfall, but those are just harder versions of the regular stuff. Raids seemed to be too reliant on having a full party and i'd never had that when i played.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played the first two strikes but that was it, no raids and never felt a need to do any more strikes. haven't played it since.

blueneurosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By blueneurosis

I didn't touch the raids until I had a bit of free time and tried out LFG. It worked pretty well (your mileage may vary) when I got in with a good group. If I had to say something bad about them, it's that the experience was more like a very guided tour at times, as people who could do raids in their sleep had already cracked the ideal way of burning through the mission and would prod you along. Plenty to shoot, but odds are you won't feel that wave of discovery as those first attempts at it.

And Nightfall? Screw Nightfall (always felt like I was slamming into a brick wall on those).

Datajack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mostly solo'd to 40 via story, occasionally did matchmaking strikes for marks gear. On the last bits of trophies to plat and stuck with the general "finish a raid with no deaths, do a strike with only guild members" left to hit. Going to suck...

Top8Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Top8Gamer

Pretty sure your in the vast majority. It wouldn't surprise me if only like 5% of people every actually see any of the raids.

Datajack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would be nice if they had a bit of a LFR system like WoW, matchmaking with slightly easier difficulty but not as good as gear drops. Certainly would give that a try.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't attempt to play any Destiny content since I saw the "finish" credits a year ago

I guess that is even more embarrasing

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Same. At this point I might as well wait to do older raids when I'm massively over leveled for them. I figure that'll be the least painful way to do them when randoms.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.