Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

First Destiny gameplay at PS4 E3 conference

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darji
    isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#2  Edited By isomeri

Wait, wasn't what they showed at the first Sony event supposed to be gameplay? Well in any case I'm excited.

Also "the law of the jungle" just made me think of this song:

Loading Video...

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@isomeri: Live gameplay maybe? Because yeah, I remember seeing dudes running around in what looked a hell of a lot like a game engine from a familiar camera angle.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just watched the gameplay it uh, it sure is uh, Halo inspired.

Considering i don't like alot about how Halo plays my interest is sorely dented.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By TheHT

So the Borderlands comparison is really being thrown around, and I certain see it but there's something else to it.

Part of it actually reminds me of Phantasy Star Online 2, particularly the part where you're running around with a squad and come across other squads and occasionally will fight a big tough monster with those other squads.

The more I think about it and look at the videos, Destiny is actually becoming my favourite thing at this E3, something I really wouldn't have expected.

Balex1908

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Balex1908

I liked what I saw, but I have to say I was more impressed with The Division. Although the Sci Fi setting might give them more opportunities for interesting loot and skills.

Am I the only one that thinks Blizzard had to go back to the drawing board for Titan because of this? I would assume both were pretty similar and Activision at one point said, leave the FPS MMO to the HALO guys.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By JCGamer

I'm still confused to this game. While an always online co-op experience seems fun, I'm mostly a single player game and want a single player campaign. If random events happen and my friend can join my game, that's cool, but does this thing have a single player component or story?

Wonloong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This game looks like borrows tropes from Borderlands. I hope it makes some interesting mechanics or something that sets it apart from that other game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.