Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

People should be discussing how unethical the Destiny DLC is (Old topic)

• 149 results
    mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Does anybody remember when Halo 2 released map packs, and if you hadn't bought the new map packs you couldn't play most of matchmaking that used them?

I'm not saying it's acceptable. But it certainly isn't new. Needless to say, I quit playing Destiny months ago for a myriad of reasons. This just solidifies that choice.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

My biggest point is not whether or not you like destiny as a game but how much the DLC has screwed those of us who didn't buy it but want to keep playing the game. There are easy ways the could not fucked us so much:

1. Rather than making daily, weekly, and nightfalls DLC missions you could have just added another mission type to choose from. Even if you put DLC missions into daily just make sure that not all 3 are DLC at same time.

2. Youi could have Xur sell some stuff for both DLC players and non DLC players or just make a new guy selling stuff.

They made a separate PvP mode for DLC, which is great. Let those people go off on their own. I just really feel as if they have taken content away from me, and that's what pisses me off the most.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@bocam: As long as you don't want to keep playing the game because it's your decision. If you're just having a blast and can't wait to sink your teeth into "more" content then there isn't any reason why you shouldn't keep playing I guess. I have friends that still play it and probably still think it's great. This stuff personally just didn't set well with me and frankly I was a little tired of the grind anyway so thats why I stopped. I don't mean to tell people what to do, personally though I don't think they deserve anymore money from anyone.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@humanity: I was slogging through the main game by the end, this thread just made me realise how much fun I wasn't having.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I now have an exotic bounty which I can't complete cause I need to do weekly or nightfall, both of which are locked behind DLC. We will see what comes up next week in the rotation but I'm guess it will be DLC mission again.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bofooq: There's only one DLC strike that is accessible on all platforms so it won't be Will of Crota again.

Sword_of_doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#157  Edited By Sword_of_doom

I always had an issue with this as well. At the time I tried making noise about it on other forums but people don't seem to care.

Sorry for the bump but I sort of stumbled upon this thread and felt the need to comment on it. It's a shitty practice to say the least and they've been rewarded for it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.