Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Sparrow Racing

DukeMcFrenzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Its actually pretty fun. Reminds me of other faster paced racers like Wipeout or Jet Moto. Also since im up against a bunch of lvl 40s im getting crazy loot and leveling like crazy. Up to lvl 25 now.

I used some of my bonus silver to get a horn cuz i didnt want to spend it on emotes and got a Legendary Sparrow. Im enjoying it. I hope they keep it around longer than the 3 weeks or whatever.

yeah its fun

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

I played a few races this morning, I actually love it. It's dumb fun and that's perfectly fine. I'm assuming they'll treat this like Iron Banner or Trials of Osiris where it's just a rotating event.

The sense of speed and frantic nature of everyone bouncing off of each other isn't as frustrating as you'd think since your final placement is based on your lap times, not finishing position. Pretty cool.

mrflibble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've had fun playing it, the tracks are fun but I wish there was more of them. The new loot is nice, I've got a horn that sounds like a bicycle bell and a nice scarf.

Since new content in destiny is now this event stuff I wonder how often there will be a new ones.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They claim there's a 320 helmet somewhere on the loot table, which is the only reason i keep playing it

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

man that book costing 1000 silver is real terrible

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@ottoman673: It's in there but you have to hit rank 3 in SRL before you'll start seeing it.

I liked the racing at first, but the Sparrow physics combined with the close quarters racing that the boost gates encourage, leads to some very frustrating collisions.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@liquidsaiyan3: That would be my biggest complaint as well. I took off a few days after Tuesday and came back around Friday to really get into SRL. Tuesday I was 1st and 2nd most races and Friday I was struggling to hold 3-4. And not in any way due to my ability to navigate the track faster than opponents, but the fact that people have now figured out how to throw you into walls on the regular and push you off of cliff mid air. Also everyone uses the fastest routes I was using Tuesday so I'm not gaining ground there anymore. Most of my frustration is due to the fact that I am running faster than opponents but because of the collision physics I'm constantly knocked out of the race on lap 1 and playing catch up the rest of the time. Makes me just want to get a group together of 6 and "help" each other finish our S license since I haven't placed 1st enough times since Tuesday.

Avatar image for tavistavistavis
    tavistavistavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm actually enjoying it, probably because luck has been on my side and I've been doing very well. It's gotten me playing Destiny again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.