Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Would a lower level Raid work?

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

So I made it to level 23 and told myself I don't wanna keep playing Destiny, at least for the time being. But I been wondering a little about the raid and basically if it really is necessary to be locked behind a high level cap.To the people that have played the Raid, do you think it would actually work, or be fun, if they had different tiers for the Raid? Such as a level 15 Raid or something?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

I think a lower level raid designed for people that just beat the story and one for around level 24 would do a lot to improve the end game grind. Also it eases people into how crazy the end game raid actually is compared to the rest of the gameplay.

britxmenyuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

For an extremely unbalanced reward system, a low level raid wont work. This raid takes about 3-4 hours to complete for average gamers, and u can get rare raid gears once u complete it. Let's say it's probably gonna take u 45mins to 90mins to complete a Lv 20 raid and as the currently reward system goes, I'd say all u can get is blues, so why not stick with regular strikes if u wanna better gears. From another perspective, I'd like to experience this raid without being time consuming and frustrating cuz it appears to be the more interesting things in this game so far if u don't care about purple and golden balls...

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@britxmenyuan: But as a gameplay system would it work? Say there was no loot involved and it was just a game mode like a strike, do you think it would work?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@britxmenyuan: But as a gameplay system would it work? Say there was no loot involved and it was just a game mode like a strike, do you think it would work?

I'd say it would work as soon as you start getting elemental weapons. The rewards don't have to be exotic loot. It could be strange coins, Ascendant Shards, a shitload of reputation, and extra vanguard marks.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's called a strike...breh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's called a strike...breh

So just make them larger strikes with more players.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd like more involved strikes, but as it stands I'll never see the raid as getting enough light just isn't happening.

britxmenyuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By britxmenyuan

@bartok: U get Ascendant materials from high level stories/strikes, so I'd say if there's a low level raid with Ascendant rewards, it's gonna be a Lv 24 raid at the very least...

britxmenyuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raid is considered end game multi-stage mode with a boss in the end, a raid doesnt work without high-level rewards, at least for this game's system design. Bungie has to differentiate normal strikes from raids, the hierarchy of the modes should be apparent for games like Destiny. If you want low level raid, there are plenty of strikes...but, I feel u not being able to play this mode cuz this raid is very different from strikes, the level design is brilliant, and you have to work together. I wonder if bungie will just lower the entry level (which is lv24 I think, might be 26) so ppl like you can at least try it out, along with their matchmaking patch in the future, I think Bungie is gonna bring more players into the raid.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should start at level 20 for certain because that's when the grind really kicks in

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I don't know about a full on "raid," but I'd like to see some of the more varied Raid mechanics make their way into strikes. They need something more interesting than "go left, right, and center and shoot the boss until it dies."

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Just make a new strike, because that is basically what that would be.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't that just a slightly more involved strike mission? If so, then yeah it might work out. Unfortunately, they can't make anything nearly as complex or "difficult" (infuriating might be a better word) as VoG because the people playing at low levels are inherently different from the people who want to commit to a hardcore 7 hour undertaking after the end of game grind. The grind at the end of the game serves to weed out the players who aren't serious about the game, and would therefore probably not be particularly helpful or enjoy the raid to the fullest. That being said, after watching Brad, Jeff, and co. do the raid yesterday (especially that stealth section), I would personally never want to attempt it anyway.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

They will probably do what WoW did, as they add more high end raid content, they will open up the older content to pick up groups.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think the game could benefit from a level 22 raid. Shorter, not as hard. Not very good loot dropped. Good if you are level 22. But not if you are beyond that. A shorter, easier one for people to experience. To see if they want to put the time into getting to the VoG to even try it. I did the long grind for a long time. And then did the VoG. And I hated it. I felted robbed. Spending all that time to do something that I felt was the worst thing in the game.

Also why is the earth strike the only complex one. You have to clear three boss areas. All the others are race to the boss and defeat it. I think all strikes should be mini raids like that earth one. Where you have to complete a set of goals. Maybe that would be better than a low level raid. If they improved the strikes.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By musubi

I don't think it would work at lower levels you don't have access to all of your abilities ect besides that the point of raids generally in the MMO sense is that they are end game content designed to test your abilities and teamwork with your raid group in exchange for rare or valuable rewards.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.