Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

XBONE raid group for Sat. 1/30/16

KirePDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KirePDX

Hey all, apologies if this isn't the right place to post this; but my girlfriend is out of town this weekend and I thought I'd take advantage and try my first proper Destiny raid. I bought it a few weeks ago and have a level 33 Hunter with no (or low-level) exotics, so this will be a newbie run - any interest in joining?

To provide valuable context, I don't even know off the top of my head what the early raids are called - I think the first one is Vault of Glass? So we'll probably do that. My intent is that we try to figure out things on our own at first, but once we even start to get annoyed, we'll look up how to progress. Breaks will be encouraged and we'll try to maintain a general "don't be a dick" decorum.

I'm on Pacific time, and will be ready to roll by 1 p.m. PT with a clear window through the day - but am also happy to start much later. My only real responsibilities will be to make sure both I and the dog survive the weekend...and if I really had to narrow it down, the dog is more important (obviously).

My gamertage is "Kire PDX" and let me know if you're interested.

EDIT - I know there is a good subreddit for this, and other resources; but thought I'd keep in the community first.

2nd EDIT - Updated the start time to 1 p.m. PT

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@kirepdx: I hope you get some responses to this but in the past it has appeared that most of the Giantbomb community is on PS4. I would try using our 100.io for Xbox One, create a post after you sign up and detail the type of Raid you are looking for. If you choose to open it up to the public it will also show for other people on the site to join in. If you don't get any responses by Friday you may want to check out Destinylfg.com or Destinylfg.net. Just be clear that you are new player that has never Raided before, and I bet you will have a decent time finding several solid players wanting to help you out. I would volunteer if you were on PS4. Good luck.

KirePDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hestilllives19: Hey sir, appreciate the resources and direction, thank you. I'll probably end up tagging in through one of those other sites, but I figured I would give the GB community a shot. There are a few other folks playing on the Xbox One ("there are dozens of us!") and I thought it wouldn't hurt to throw up a current post for any folks that recently joined in the fun.

My heart won't be broken if I no one joins up from here. Well...I say that now...

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By tds418

I don't think I have commitments next Saturday and play on the XOne so I'd be happy to run a raid with some community members. I have lots of experience with all of the raids but I could stay mostly quiet about what to do and only offer suggestions when asked, if people would prefer that.

At lvl33 you would be high enough level for both Vault of Glass and Crota's End but I think most will agree that VoG is a far better raid so I would recommend that for your first. I think King's Fall gives VoG a run for its money though, so probably worth getting to 290 light and seeing that at some point too.

Xbox live GT is Harpua418

CivilizedWorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I am also free this coming Saturday. I've never done a raid either and would very much like to. Xbox Live: PointlessZxY

KirePDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@civilizedworm: @tds418: You two sound like just the diversity of experience that we need to make this interesting - and hopefully not a total disaster (thank you @tds418). I'll send a direct message later this week so we can try to coordinate a time. We'll see what other ruffians we can bring into this.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@kirepdx: Also, I forgot to mention that normally I try to direct XBox One players to my clan, Lincoln Force NA Central, since we seem to have at least a few XOne players, I think around 11. All of them are GBers as well. It's open so you can just join, get the Bomb tag and get those clan trophies if you guys care about that sort of stuff. Since I don't talk to those guys often, I have no idea how active they are though. Feel free to use the resources there like chat or send friend request/messages to those guys seeing if they are interested as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirepdx: Do you have a time in mind + timezone? I've been meaning to drag a buddy through the Vault of Glass, but we are only available at select points. I've been through the Vault a couple of times, he's never seen a raid in Destiny or otherwise. I'm happy to help Sherpa a group through. Big fan of the "don't-be-a-jerk" approach to these things.

EDIT: Duh. I'm an idiot. Just reread your initial post. That's fairly early for us, but I'll keep you posted if we can make that 11 a.m. start time.

KirePDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KirePDX

@inevpatoria: Hey man, we haven't actually set a time yet, so we could be starting a little later. Around what time would work for you guys to play?

To be fair, @tds418 and @civilizedworm will have a little more priority for choosing the start time since they were first in on this; but maybe we can find something that works. To be even more fair, I'm not going spend a lot of effort trying to Goldilocks a solution, but it's worth trying if it'll be easy to make work.

Also, I respect the effective use of 'sherpa' as a verb, and that makes you seem like just the kind of person that'd be good to play with.

KirePDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hestilllives19 Appreciate the additional direction. I've just sent a request to join, and I guess I'll see what that brings. Thanks!

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirepdx said:

@inevpatoria: Hey man, we haven't actually set a time yet, so we could be starting a little later. Around what time would work for you guys to play?

To be fair, @tds418 and @civilizedworm will have a little more priority for choosing the start time since they were first in on this; but maybe we can find something that works. To be even more fair, I'm not going spend a lot of effort trying to Goldilocks a solution, but it's worth trying if it'll be easy to make work.

Also, I respect the effective use of 'sherpa' as a verb, and that makes you seem like just the kind of person that'd be good to play with.

No worries! I can be flexible with whatever time is arranged. Looking forward to helping!

EDIT: Just checked with my +1. Sounds like we're both in. Gamertag: Inevpatoria

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

11am is a little early for me, I would probably prefer like noon or 1pm, but I can do 11am if that works best for more people. I can be pretty flexible.

CivilizedWorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Literally anytime is good for me.

KirePDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@civilizedworm: Thanks. I just sent a message to all the folks interested so far and proposed 1 p.m. PT, so seems like that should work for everyone. At this point, we just need one more person (I think), and if we all make it, it should be a good session.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.