Disappearing pocket secretaries

#1 Posted by Vitor (2815 posts) -

In the GB 1 hour long quick look, towards the end, Jeff stumbles across a glitch that deletes a pocket secretary from his inventory, thus rendering completion of a side quest impossible.

I totally just had the same issue in Hengsha. Only noticed after completing another side quest though so too far in to reload a save. It's not a big deal (and was a different mission to the one Jeff encountered) but yeah, talk about a bad bug to be in a game. Anyone else found this?

#2 Posted by kyrieee (379 posts) -

Pretty sure they don't disappear, they get added to the bottom of the list

#3 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Um well, pocket secretaries don't appear in the inventory, they appear in the message log, and they are categorized by the location you picked them up in. I completed all the secondary missions i stumbled upon, but i also missed out on a lot, so that might explain it.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to replay the future GOTY for a second time.

#4 Posted by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

@Vitor: Are you talking about the one when you return there for the second time, the one that asks you to track down the rogue Blackwhatever?

If so the quest isn't broken you just don't get the update upon reading the log. You can still finish the quest by going to the sewers close to where you complete the other sidequest.

#5 Posted by Vitor (2815 posts) -

@Tennmuerti said:

@Vitor: Are you talking about the one when you return there for the second time, the one that asks you to track down the rogue Blackwhatever?

If so the quest isn't broken you just don't get the update upon reading the log. You can still finish the quest by going to the sewers close to where you complete the other sidequest.

Yeah - totally this.

Randomly came across the mercs in the sewer anyway on route to another mission. Just weird how my log didn't update or give me a quest marker.

#6 Posted by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

@Vitor: I had the same issue :)

#7 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

I stumbled into one of those problems, had to reload

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.