Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Has anyone heard the soundtrack yet?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

Some will call me a troll, but that's not what I'm here to do. I'm just going to give my opinion, and in the end, it may or may not be true in the context of the game, but the soundtrack, aside from some of the songs (like the theme, main menu song, and cut-scene music), isn't that great. It's unfortunate. Again, since I haven't played the game, it may just sound better when playing it. I have had the experience firsthand of feeling this way before though, with such games as MW2, and Crysis 2; they turned out to be amazing. It's basically just the general ambient, suspense, and action songs as you go through missions that simply don't grab me, which is what I want to be amazing. Then one of the club songs, it's not quite as hypnotizing as I was expecting. I hope in the end, it just turns out to be "one of those things" for me, and it really is great in game. So, has anyone else listened to the soundtrack yet?

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By project343

I played my way through the outcome of this unfortunate event (the first two levels of the game), I actually found that I quite enjoyed the soundtrack.

Now, I'll say that I'm not huge into video game soundtracks, but I certainly appreciate it when a game can 'wow me' with excellent musical cues. I found myself routinely noticing music in Human Revolution, and it typically came with a large smile across my face. It came off to me like an iteration of Mass Effect's Blade Runner sound. Ended up fitting every scenario perfectly.

Avatar image for callofspartansofwar1337
    CallofSpartansofWar1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@project343: iz it like mass efect 1 or 2? cause i find the musi cmuch more epic and intense in 2 than one! but one is still good 2. i guess it fits tone of game better. 

i wanna play dis game but i dont got no money :/
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thehexeditor

Completely disagree. I think the soundtrack is fine.

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By llamaegg

Haven't actually listened to the soundtrack, but if it follows the likes of the original Deus Ex it should be quite enjoyable.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By project343

@CallofSpartansofWar1337: I suppose it was closer to the musical style of the first Mass Effect than the second one. I wasn't much of a fan of the Mass Effect 2 music.

Avatar image for callofspartansofwar1337
    CallofSpartansofWar1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@project343:  
    lol i kno what u mean it was so IN UR FACE EPIC i liked it tho. but there wasnt as much good music like the citadel and stuff. moroe moody dan the stuff in the 2nd. like i said do i think that dchanged because the ton of d second is much more EPIC CINTENSE even tho i think dats lol cause the first was much more epic story wise 

oh well, still good games! :)
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NTM
    @CallofSpartansofWar1337: You really shouldn't hurry with your typing if that's what you're doing. Type correctly so people can understand better. Anyways, like I said, other than the theme and then some, the rest isn't really epic. It ranges from your standard music without any real major emotion to pretty unique. As reminiscent as Deus Ex may look compared to Blade Runner and Mass Effect, the music isn't the same. Though if it was, that would be nice. Personally, I think it's one of those games that you'll have to play to really "get it". It's probably an otherwise fantastic soundtrack. The game will be great, in return, the soundtrack will be just as good. I'm not going to be pessimistic about it. 

Listen here if you'd like to.
    emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By emergency

@NTM said:

@CallofSpartansofWar1337: You really shouldn't hurry with your typing if that's what you're doing. Type correctly so people can understand better. Anyways, like I said, other than the theme and then some, the rest isn't really epic. It ranges from your standard music without any real major emotion to pretty unique. As reminiscent as Deus Ex may look compared to Blade Runner and Mass Effect, the music isn't the same. Though if it was, that would be nice. Personally, I think it's one of those games that you'll have to play to really "get it". It's probably an otherwise fantastic soundtrack. The game will be great, in return, the soundtrack will be just as good. I'm not going to be pessimistic about it.

Listen here if you'd like to.

You seemed pretty pessimistic about it in your OP lol.

Also http://www.youtube.com/user/MioRaem#p/u/21/fpaF0Fi8at0

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TorMasturba

@CallofSpartansofWar1337 said:

@project343: lol i kno what u mean it was so IN UR FACE EPIC i liked it tho. but there wasnt as much good music like the citadel and stuff. moroe moody dan the stuff in the 2nd. like i said do i think that dchanged because the ton of d second is much more EPIC CINTENSE even tho i think dats lol cause the first was much more epic story wise oh well, still good games! :)

Me no ndastandi grama.

Just playing with you.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Oldirtybearon

The music is stunning. However I think part of that stems from my appreciation of Blade Runner's score, which in turn allows me to greatly appreciate Mass Effect's score, as well as Human Revolution's.  

I just love the sound of this game.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By buzz_killington

Are they going for that Vangelis-style ambient, electro score like Blade Runner and Mass Effect?

Avatar image for blastprocessing
    BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By BlastProcessing
    @project343: iz it like mass efect 1 or 2? cause i find the musi cmuch more epic and intense in 2 than one! but one is still good 2. i guess it fits tone of game better.  i wanna play dis game but i dont got no money :/
    @project343:  lol i kno what u mean it was so IN UR FACE EPIC i liked it tho. but there wasnt as much good music like the citadel and stuff. moroe moody dan the stuff in the 2nd. like i said do i think that dchanged because the ton of d second is much more EPIC CINTENSE even tho i think dats lol cause the first was much more epic story wise  oh well, still good games! :)
    You might be the greatest joke account in recent memory.
    beat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By beat

I really enjoy the soundtrack to DX:HR. It reminds me of a mix of Mass Effect, Blade Runner, and a little bit of Mirror's Edge (only less "airy"). I can't get enough of it.

For what it's worth, the soundtrack released with the Augmented Edition of the game comes with the bundled DVD, unfortunately. It's not on a separate audio CD. It's also twelve tracks with a length of 29:03. A couple of the track titles have very minor spoilers.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NTM
    @emergency: I know I did. I'm not trying to be though, because everyone will get the wrong idea about how I feel towards the games soundtrack, and/or the game in general. I'm just saying, as of right now, is that the soundtrack doesn't do much more me, but it may once the game comes out once it's fit into the games context. On it's own, I don't really enjoy it too much though, other than a select few songs. I'm also wondering how many people are just basing their opinion off of the theme song and the Sarif Industries website music (that's also used for the main menu).
    Winger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Winger

@project343: lol i kno what u mean it was so IN UR FACE EPIC i liked it tho. but there wasnt as much good music like the citadel and stuff. moroe moody dan the stuff in the 2nd. like i said do i think that dchanged because the ton of d second is much more EPIC CINTENSE even tho i think dats lol cause the first was much more epic story wise oh well, still good games! :)

Oh man...please we don't need trolls here, you don't fit in in the least because we don't have any besides you.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck...

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NTM
    @beat: I think the game itself--it being cyber-punk in all--is more reminiscent to Blade Runner and aspects of Mass Effect, more than the soundtrack itself. And yeah, I can kind of see a bit of Mirror's Edge in there, though not quite as atmospheric to me (yet).
    beat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By beat

@NTM: I'm really hearing it in the tracks "Opening Credits" and "Everybody Lies." It's worth noting that during the game's actual opening credits, the cutscene shown is you getting rebuilt, sort of like Mass Effect 2's. So that somewhat influences my opinion.

(Deus Ex's "version" of it looks (and sounds!) a whole lot better than ME2's, for what it's worth!)

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Tennmuerti

Personally I thought the music was one of the highlights of the demo.
    I almost never notice music in games, so for me to even remember that I liked music in a game while playing it is always a good sign.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.