Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Strange happenings at Picus

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mfpantst

Ok so this a pretty straightforward, did you do this question: 
    At the end of the picus level, there's a turret in one room.  When looking at it, for some unknown reason I saw I could pick it up.  So I did.  And carried it all the way with me to the boss fight.  Didn't use it in the boss fight (you can't take it in that room) but it did all the hard work for me.  Anyone else try this?  My wife was watching and kinda said she felt like it was cheating, and I did a little too, but it was totally doable.  Thoughts?

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Wiseblood

With the strength aug you can pick up any ground based turret. You actually can bring a turret with you to the 3rd boss fight and some people have beaten him that way.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By The_Nubster
    @mfpantst: It's one of the many ways you can play. That's pretty smart actually, I've never thought about carrying one of those around with me.
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mfpantst
    @The_Nubster: It was sort of a happy accident.  I always turn turrets and bots to 'enemies' from the security terminal, and I was at the point in the level where you have to wait for an elevator and a turret is in the room (already friendly by this point).  I was moving it around to take out the bad guys so I decided that I should try and take it on the elevator.  It worked and I kept doing this.  If I hadn't accidentally seen the prompt though I wouldn't have noticed you can do this.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake

Huh, I've killed guys with the turret before (literally) but that's new. Good to know that the game gives plenty of options in combat. While the boss fights aren't difficult, they're pretty terrible so this seems like a fair way to get around it. I didn't have trouble with them myself since two EMP grenades and 2-3 rockets is enough to finish them in less then a minute. I even managed to finish the first one without being spotted. Well, on medium difficulty anyway.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mfpantst
    @eroticfishcake: This is the level leading up to the stealth boss.  I'm playing on the hardest difficulty, walked into the room with 4 energy cells and after some running around like an idiot I used 3 rounds of typhoon on her and that was that.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spoonman671

I placed it out in the hallway while waiting on the funicular.  This was after I mined the halls outside and before I blocked up the entrances to the room.  Somehow a guy still got it (I think he must have clipped through the level geometry), so I got through that whole point-defense section with just having to kill one dude myself.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By azteris
    @eroticfishcake
    Huh, I've killed guys with the turret before (literally) but that's new. Good to know that the game gives plenty of options in combat. While the boss fights aren't difficult, they're pretty terrible so this seems like a fair way to get around it. I didn't have trouble with them myself since two EMP grenades and 2-3 rockets is enough to finish them in less then a minute. I even managed to finish the first one without being spotted. Well, on medium difficulty anyway.
    azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By azteris

Oops posted too early. Damn mobile site. I was going to say its not that easy on Give me Deus Ex, unfortunately. Especially not the third boss (that's where I'm stuck currently)

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @mfpantst: I never used the the Typhoon. I just tazered her to death instead. I honestly don't know why boss fights are even in this game though. It's not the like they're central to the main story and if they are,  they certainly don't feel like it. It's almost like they exist just for the sake of being a video game. A real sore spot for an otherwise, great game I say.
    emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By emergency

It was in one of the gameplay trailers under the 'adaptive' gameplay style.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By MooseyMcMan

That's a neat idea! Too bad it doesn't jive with non-lethal playthroughs. 

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mfpantst
    @MooseyMcMan: HA  I play jensen like a crazed son of sam killer. 

@Azteris: Killing the second boss with 3 typhoons on give me deus ex was pretty easy.  
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Azteris said:
    Oops posted too early. Damn mobile site. I was going to say its not that easy on Give me Deus Ex, unfortunately. Especially not the third boss (that's where I'm stuck currently)
    Well, considering how my second playthrough will be a "Terminator: Human Revolution" style it probably won't as bad when you couple it with this turret idea. Yeah it's cheating but as I said, they're terrible and therefore, not worth my time. 

@MooseyMcMan: Boss fights don't count towards kills (as the achievement description says). I got the Pacifist achievement myself whilst gunning down the bosses, with the exception of the last one since that one's a little different so to speak.
    Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Giantstalker

@eroticfishcake said:

@mfpantst: I never used the the Typhoon. I just tazered her to death instead. I honestly don't know why boss fights are even in this game though. It's not the like they're central to the main story and if they are, they certainly don't feel like it. It's almost like they exist just for the sake of being a video game. A real sore spot for an otherwise, great game I say.

I kind of agree, they weren't done very good, but having a high-stakes confrontation is just a good storytelling technique. Fighting hordes of troops who all suck just isn't the same as a single, powerful opponent that really tests your abilities.

The bosses that are there, though, don't really represent that ideal. They should have put a tank or a mech or something in there that presents a realistic or obvious challenge, instead of crazy bullet sponges with attack patterns from 1997.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Giantstalker: Yeah I agree with you. They can be a great method of story telling,if it works but another problem is that the characters themselves aren't exactly deep. They're just some mercs who want to kill you and they lack any real agenda for doing so.
    azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By azteris
    @mfpantst I took the chip unknowingly....
    mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mfpantst
    @Azteris: Ok so I just completed the third boss.  I'm assuming you either gave up or worked it out.  I didn't heed your implicit warning (i took the chip).  Anyways, there is a turret on this level you can get into the room where you fight him.  Took me about 4 tries, on the fourth the turret got him.  Trick is you have to get the turret to 'see' him in a place where it hits him.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#19  Edited By Vinny_Says

It's great until that turret explodes and kills you

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mfpantst
    @blacklabeldomm: or when you emp your own turret or when that turret shoots a guard robot and the robot blows up and blows up the turret.  When you have the pick up prompt showing, it has a 'health' bar, that's helpful to know when it's going to blow up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.