Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo II

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 29, 2000

The sequel to Blizzard's popular action-RPG features a larger and more varied world, new playable classes, and expanded skill trees. Even moreso than its predecessor, Diablo II would provide a blueprint followed by many later RPGs and action games.

RE-installing Diablo II and Lords of Destruction

ElBarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By ElBarto

I don't got really anything much in the way of gaming. I have a nice backlog of games I'll probably never get around to because i'm too poor to afford them so I decided after recent fuss about Diablo III on the forum I go to, I peaked an interest in playing again. This usually happens once a year I play the game extensively for a little while and get on the right path as far as items for my main toon and then I just sort of set it aside. Last year I re-installed and I had a nearing perfect Zealadin. I was level 80, had perfect stats for what I wanted. Everything else was being pumped into Vit and I was a few runes away from two runewords I wanted and some runes away from runewords that I knew I could trade for Mara's (neck piece) and a Arachnid Mesh (belt).

Let's see how far I can get this time.

ElBarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ElBarto

I don't got really anything much in the way of gaming. I have a nice backlog of games I'll probably never get around to because i'm too poor to afford them so I decided after recent fuss about Diablo III on the forum I go to, I peaked an interest in playing again. This usually happens once a year I play the game extensively for a little while and get on the right path as far as items for my main toon and then I just sort of set it aside. Last year I re-installed and I had a nearing perfect Zealadin. I was level 80, had perfect stats for what I wanted. Everything else was being pumped into Vit and I was a few runes away from two runewords I wanted and some runes away from runewords that I knew I could trade for Mara's (neck piece) and a Arachnid Mesh (belt).

Let's see how far I can get this time.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By amomjc

This would make a better blog post then a forum article :)

Still cool your getting back into that game, it may be ancient but Blizzard really knew what they were doing. Wishing I could do so, but shelling out the $30 or $40 (I forget) for the chest just isn't my thing. Either that, or something cooler comes along and I keep forgetting about it.

DaemonBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By DaemonBlack

I always get a random Diablo II itch and will play for hours like once a month. I gotta admit the D3 news got me excited too.

Hardgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Hardgamer
    @csoup said:
    " This would make a better blog post then a forum article :)Still cool your getting back into that game, it may be ancient but Blizzard really knew what they were doing. Wishing I could do so, but shelling out the $30 or $40 (I forget) for the chest just isn't my thing. Either that, or something cooler comes along and I keep forgetting about it. "
    I agree with the C-Soup.
    Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Axersia
    @csoup said:
    " This would make a better blog post then a forum article :)Still cool your getting back into that game, it may be ancient but Blizzard really knew what they were doing. Wishing I could do so, but shelling out the $30 or $40 (I forget) for the chest just isn't my thing. Either that, or something cooler comes along and I keep forgetting about it. "
    You can buy legit CD keys for all of Blizzard's older games for a few bucks a pop (D2 + LOD only cost me 4 bucks) if you know where to look. Just enter them on your Battle.net account and you can download both the WIndows and Mac versions in any language available.
    Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bobdaman18
    @Axersia: where do i have to look?
    ElBarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ElBarto
    @csoup: It is a blog post but I also tagged it to the D2 section, hoping to spur a conversation with anyone who might be considering re-installing as well and wanted to play or if anyone still playing wanted to lend a hand. : D
    Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zithe
    @ElBarto: Re-install? Fuck that, I always keep Diablo II installed. Are you playing on USEast? I could help you out.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By ajamafalous

I actually started playing again a few weeks ago. Friend and I have been farming keys and doing Uber Tristram runs.

ElBarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ElBarto
    @Zithe: nah I'm on UsWest
    yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By yyZiggurat

I got hyped after the beta QL and reinstalled D2. Anyone still playing?

fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fripplebubby

@HomemadeZiggurat: I actually installed the game for the first time ever today. It seems pretty cool (who knew?). It is weird that my frame of reference for this game comes from "oh, it's like Torchlight" when in reality it should work the other way.

yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By yyZiggurat

@Fripplebubby: That's awesome, man. Are you playing playing mulitplayer?

fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fripplebubby

@HomemadeZiggurat: No, and what with the whole colour issue on Win7 i'm hardly playing at all. I did the thing where you leave the screen resolution window open and use compatibility mode, but the colour is still messed up after about 30 minutes of playtime. I'll give it another shot though.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By TwoLines

Payed 4 bucks two months ago, played all the way through, good stuff.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By matthew

I've just got a new pc. It's awesome. I'm installing all my games on it, thanks to a 2tb hard drive.

Guys, I can't find my Diablo 2 disc. I have my LoD disc and key, but I can't find my D2 Disc!!

ElBarto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ElBarto

@Matthew said:

I've just got a new pc. It's awesome. I'm installing all my games on it, thanks to a 2tb hard drive.

Guys, I can't find my Diablo 2 disc. I have my LoD disc and key, but I can't find my D2 Disc!!

if you've got the cd keys make a battle.net account if you don't already have one and you can just put in your cd keys and download the game from blizzard and install it disc free.

Gilsham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Gilsham

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.