Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

Man, people are pissed.

• 59 results
    EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By EightBitShik

@Dagbiker: I did, just because it's from my ass doesn't mean it isn't plausible it's not like I was saying for every five people who eat lucky charms gets a handy from a midget in a leprechaun suit. My numbers were from my experience on the forums and seeing others complain so no sorry I didn't grab my data from a spread sheet it was a generalization :D

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Ben_H

It's just the typical vocal minority ruining it for everyone garbage. Apart from the initial server downtime on day one, I have had almost no issues with the game and my friends haven't either. I played for around 6 hours yesterday and the only time it disconnected was when I left it paused for an hour during supper. It immediately reconnected when I came back to play again.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By buft

@PhantomGardener said:

@Jimbo said:

Game barely works, 87% review average. gg, reviewers.

Bullshit. The game works just fine. I have spent 7 hours with the game, and have been disconnected one time.

32 hours here, no long on issues since first night and one disconnect in all that time not including a server reset, games working.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By laserbolts

@Seedofpower: I haven't had any issues and I bet most of those are just haters freaking out for no reason. Game is awesome.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By BRich

The game is amazing, no issues since that first day.

enthalpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By enthalpy

@Kazona said:

For once I am on the side of those users. It is inexcusable for any game but an MMO to have such major launch issues.

This launched in a broken state, plain and simple. The game requires a connection to Blizzard's servers to work, making it integral to the experience. And as such, with that not in proper working order, there can only be the conclusion that the game is broken and therefore does not deserve its high metacritic average.

But no, that's clearly not how people look at this. For some reason, because it's a server issue, people are under the (wrongful) impression that this does not reflect badly on the game itself. Somehow, through some twisted sense of logic, (some) people think these server problems are a wholly seperate matter, having nothing to do with the quality of the game itself.

If the product that you purchased does not work, you should be pissed and you should make yourself heard. That is the right of a consumer, to complain and be heard when something that's been paid for doesn't work, regardless of the reasons (barring, of course, that it's not your own fault).

For the record, this is not directed at you, Kazona, I just want to give advice to the same "you" that you referred to in your post to whom you recommended being pissed.

Dear Person,

You should probably not be pissed simply if a run-of-the-mill product you purchased didn't work in exactly the way you expected, because basing your emotional health on the function of a commodity is probably not appropriate. If your car broke down on the way to a job interview, then it seems more reasonable to be pissed. You should not necessarily make yourself heard with every minor gripe and complaint that you have. It is indeed your right to have whatever legal reaction you want to a given situation. But that does not mean that you should. You should instead choose a measured, appropriate response. In general, you should be an adult and handle yourself with grace and aplomb, because it engenders respect, civil discourse, and more positive future outcomes for everyone involved.

In this particular case, did Blizzard do something that caused this launch to be somewhat botched? Yes. Is that worth investing serious emotional energy, enraging yourself into a flurry of completely impotent Internet dickwaddery? No. Is it worth calmly describing your disappointment? Absolutely! For example, I'd love to have the one-time blacksmith achievement that is currently impossible for me to get unless Blizzard works some wacky juju server-side to fix. I'm disappointed that there is currently no fix to this and that I had some considerably interrupted play with the first day of a seriously fun game. But, for my part, I'm an adult, and I'll invest my emotional time and energy into things that really deserve it. And I'll play some more Diablo 3 and probably enjoy it.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By MiniPato

That doesn't mean anything. Angry people have nothing better to do than write angry exaggerated user reviews while the people enjoying the game are too busy playing the game to write reviews. The angry and discontent will always outnumber the satisfied.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By BestUsernameEver

When a game gets a big release, people are somehow jealous or something and rate the games on metacritic to their liking. Nothing new.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By bybeach

Well, just discovered something. PPl. who are having issues with that error 3007 might look at their routers. Although that was the error for the problems they were having, it also covers routers that arn't keeping up . I for example thought I had a good router, but when I plugged my modem into the pc directely, voila, I could stay connected. My router is up to date on the firmware also, damn.... I have to go through this bs again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.