Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

So, what am I doing wrong to miss so much stuff?

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By UitDeToekomst

I will admit right off the bat that I am new to the Diablo universe, and have never been a huge PC/Mac type or RPG gamer, as i have generally stuck to console RPGs until recently. That may account for some of my problems.

But here's the deal: I am close to finishing (i think) Act II of Diablo III, and I just discovered the "Achievements" screen in the main menu. I took a look at what i had and had not completed in Act I, and i was shocked. Not only had i completed only 7% of total achievements so far, but I had apparently missed huge portions of content in the first act, which I thought I had been quite thorough in exploring. Apparently, I missed 12 out of 25 dungeons, for example.

So, i guess my question for you duders is this: what advice do you have for someone new to Diablo and this type of click-heavy PC RPG that will aid him in being more thorough in my next play through? Am I missing some fundamental game concept? Or am I just an idiot? I realize it is difficult to diagnose a problem without specifics, but I suppose I am really just looking for some hints on how to plumb the depths of this game. Cheers.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By sjschmidt93

It's all randomly generated. There's a chance you may never see many dungeons and events.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zaccheus

Just don't worry about it. You will play again with other classes, the dungeons will look different and have different quests.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By supamon

@UitDeToekomst: If you're talking about not having achievements for the things you already did then it's a problem on Blizzard's side.

Blizzard games will have a ton of achievements for almost everything you do and with Diablo's randomizing nature you might not get to see something even after going through the same area multiple times.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5134883492

theonejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By theonejanitor

The way Blizzard's achievement system works is that the vast majority of achievements require a conscious effort to complete, and won't be gotten just by normally progressing through the game. Many achievements are ridiculously complex and/or superfluous and only the most dedicated players will ever get them. Some achievements are based purely on luck. Basically, Blizzards wants you to keep playing the game. Over and over again. Get your money's worth.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ares42

The achievements are based around the idea of multiple playthroughs. All of the dungeons, events and lore books are randomly seeded every time you go to their relevant areas in a new game so that even when you go through the same area for the tenth time there might be something new you haven't seen before. Hell, just today I unlocked my act 2 bestiary achievement on my third time through the act.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.