Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

To be or not be? Hardcore?

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gamefreak9

So if you haven't tried it already, Blizzard has an open Beta for EVeryone and everyone should try it. Its until monday soo time is limited! Anw for the first time ever I tried making a hardcore character, it doesn't really change anything in the game... except one thing. If you die, its permanent. Although I always thought this was stupid and imagined it would result in a massive waste of time if you died after reaching capped level... I have to say that I changed my mind... the psychological pressure of KNOWing you will die forever... is just so heart wrenching... I was so careful it was ridiculous... whenever i took a hit... my heart rate would increase to a really high level :P. Now, i'm thinking I should make most of chars hardcore in the real game... it just seems like the best experience... I can imagine myself now... cursing a boss in 10 years for killing my hero... that's what experiences are made for.

The change in character from my end was ridiculous, I usually talk on skype, eat, watch south park... all while playing games... but now if someone walked into my room I would log out and play another char, same thing with skype, or lunch time.

Will you play hardcore?

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

Yep, day 1 hardcore.

Hardcore players are usually the smarter players, at least once you get into the harder difficulties. Makes it much easier to play with randoms.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

No, sure it will make the game more interesting and intense...but it's not worth spending dozens of hours only to see that you've wasted every single second.

andrewf87462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By andrewf87462

I think I will give Hardcore a try, but it seems like it's not recommended if you suffer from heart problems!

Although I have just tried logging in and I am getting an error. There is a message saying the servers will be down for a period of time, but ive no idea for how long. They are also only letting in a certain amount of people at a time. Clearly a lot of people have tried connecting now the Beta is open for everyone this weekend.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gamefreak9

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

No, sure it will make the game more interesting and intense...but it's not worth spending dozens of hours only to see that you've wasted every single second.

I don't understand what "waste" means anymore. Games aren't productive are they? Your here for the experience aren't you?

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By supamon

Always hardcore. All day long.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

I don't see the difference, either way is wasting time, but one is more fun. Like secretly masturbating in public.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@gamefreak9 said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

I don't understand what "waste" means anymore. Games aren't productive are they? Your here for the experience aren't you?

So, you invest, say 15 hours, in a hardcore character, you don't complete the game and you die. I would have wasted 15 hours, you would have enjoyed playing for 15 hours and then started a new game i guess.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gamefreak9

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

So, you invest, say 15 hours, in a hardcore character, you don't complete the game and you die. I would have wasted 15 hours, you would have enjoyed playing for 15 hours and then started a new game i guess.

Well i'm sure that you will see the whole story eventually... I mean chances are you will finish the game in 15 hours. Your probably going to be in the next difficulty setting by then.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#10  Edited By StarvingGamer

Oops, guess you double posted and I posted in the wrong one. Here, I'll just copy/paste it:

I can definitely see the appeal, but I don't think I could ever play Hardcore mode. Losing a character I might have spent hundreds of hours on would be too soul crushing.

That said, if Blizzard ever decides to implement the RMAH into Hardcore mode (which I doubt they ever will for legal reasons) then I can see myself trying to get into the high-risk high-reward world of Hardcore item farming.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gamefreak9

@StarvingGamer said:

Oops, guess you double posted and I posted in the wrong one. Here, I'll just copy/paste it:

I can definitely see the appeal, but I don't think I could ever play Hardcore mode. Losing a character I might have spent hundreds of hours on would be too soul crushing.

That said, if Blizzard ever decides to implement the RMAH into Hardcore mode (which I doubt they ever will for legal reasons) then I can see myself trying to get into the high-risk high-reward world of Hardcore item farming.

:p Well you can still make a killing in virtual money right? That's a funny post though... I imagine in Hardcore mode the RMAH will have *10 the price. Not only because your risking your character farming, but also because character with good gear eqquipped that die will result in that gear disappearing forever.

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I'm thinking I'll probably roll a hardcore character for a while. I doubt they'll be my main, though. Thinking I'll main a non-Hardcore Witch Doctor and try a Hardcore Monk

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.