Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

What are your thoughts on the game?

• 112 results
    ImaTreee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ImaTreee

This is, of course, aside from the problem with the servers. If you did get in, did it live up to your expectations? I'm still thinking about buying the game at the moment.

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By linkster7

I was skeptic when I first started, have a habit of stopping a quarter through these kinds of games. But after a few hours I love it, every level you get something that can change how you play, so what your doing is constantly changing. My favorite thing about the game so far is when you level up you burst out a golden aura that knocks back enemies, makes each level feel like a big event.

That's for the first 21 levels of wizard at least.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BrockNRolla

I love it. It is everything I hoped it would be. I'm almost level 20 with my Witch Doctor and I can't wait to keep playing.

The only thing I'll say really bothers me, and I'm being serious, is the damn Monk with his teleporting weapons. Come on guys! Polish!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy

I really wish my PC could play this game... *sob*

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Strife777

I would love to tell you, but I keep getting disconnected (Error 3005/3007). But I played the beta and liked it a whole lot, I'm sure it will get even better.

jaxjaggywires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By jaxjaggywires

Been pretty good so far. Up to level 11 to this point before the latest server issue.

sockemjetpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sockemjetpack

I really enjoyed playing what I got to play of it today. Really satisfying gameplay and I like the new skill system a lot more than I thought I would. Playing the shit out of my lady Monk and really happy with the fact that as much as I try to make her invincible with clever skill and gear choices the game throws me a curveball. Can't wait to get to play it again... and maybe stay logged in for longer than an hour.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By emem

It's brilliant.

MrSlapHappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By MrSlapHappy

Thus far I am really enjoying it. I played like 6 hours of the beta after the most recent change and I was lukewarm on it until I played with a couple friends. Whatever they have done since then gives the game an extra little punch that is really satisfying. I love how stuff explodes and bodies flying, I was initially kind of turned off by all the physics stuff "ugh, whoop dee do, diablo but now with physics" 20 minutes later it was "FUCK YEAH!!! PHYSICS!!"

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShadyPingu

I was sort of into D2, but I'm really liking this game so far, at least when I can log in.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By godzilla_sushi

The music is fantastic in the menus so far. The install music was great. While I can't get into the game just yet (especially right now with BNET down) I really like that part.

happypup70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By happypup70

I cut my teeth on Diablo with the first one. I have spent hundreds of hours on the second one. This is the best Diablo game yet. Diablo 1 was so much fun. Diablo 2 was great. This is the natural progression of the series given the way video games have changed.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EXTomar

I'm getting mostly a "...like riding a bicycle" vibe. Except the improvements with the way skills/talents and glyphs work which is superior.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#14  Edited By Mystyr_E

I'm having a pretty good time actually. Only thing I wish is that they saved your map progress when you logged out. I want to explore everything and fully reveal the map but when I have to go back to town, server crashes, load back in and my map is all greyed out....that makes me grrrr!

also the story elements are super awesome, way better than Torchlight 2's beta

Spankmealotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spankmealotus

It's more than I wanted. Which was a lot.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BrockNRolla

@EXTomar said:

I'm getting mostly a "...like riding a bicycle" vibe. Except the improvements with the way skills/talents and glyphs work which is superior.

It is no doubt familiar, but as you said, it's tweaked enough to still feel really enjoyable.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By murisan

I think it's amazing.. except for the past 24 hours of server issues. I was not expecting such a solid story. I've been taking my time and I'm almost level 11 and haven't completed the first act. It feels so much better than the beta for some reason. But, the server issues are just so damn silly!

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mikeeegeee

@Mystyr_E said:

Only thing I wish is that they saved your map progress when you logged out. I want to explore everything and fully reveal the map but when I have to go back to town, server crashes, load back in and my map is all greyed out....that makes me grrrr!

This, along with a few other bugs that need to be ironed out.

-The asterix symbols above some people in town (as seen in the quick look). It really does look like a placeholder,

-the way gold seems to be shared between characters on the same account (could be an isolated incident),

-the disappointing lack of any real artwork displayed on party members' portraits,

-the monk's teleport animation

-if you press tab to check out the map, you can pan all over and see your waypoints, but they aren't labeled. They are simply "waypoint" rather than "New Tristram," for example. Combined with the map continually forgetting where I've explored, this gets a little frustrating.

Since I noticed most of these in the beta, I expected them to be fixed in the full game. Sort of disappointed they haven't been, but optimistic that they will be soon. Still, I got in five hours of game today and had a blast.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#19  Edited By StarvingGamer

D3 is an amazing showcase of intelligent game design. Almost everything else I've played this gen feels horribly outdated now.

I don't need any more games this year.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#20  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I'm really liking how the skills are laid out, the gameplay however is still pretty much exactly what you would expect... except done way better. It certainly makes Titan Quest and Torchlight look more than a little bad by comparison.

happypup70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By happypup70

@Mystyr_E said:

I'm having a pretty good time actually. Only thing I wish is that they saved your map progress when you logged out. I want to explore everything and fully reveal the map but when I have to go back to town, server crashes, load back in and my map is all greyed out....that makes me grrrr!

Randomized environments is what Diablo is all about. It sucks when they force you off the game and you have to come back and you lose progress. But the map changes every time you log back in. They can't save your map progress because the game world changed. At least that's how I remember it.

TehJedicake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TehJedicake

It's fun, it's nothing revolutionary or amazing but blizzard did a good job for the most part, there's still some things that I think should've been added or things that shouldn't have been added at all... but unregardless, it's satisfying.

Balex1908

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Balex1908

@happypup70 said:

@Mystyr_E said:

Randomized environments is what Diablo is all about. It sucks when they force you off the game and you have to come back and you lose progress. But the map changes every time you log back in. They can't save your map progress because the game world changed. At least that's how I remember it.

Yep thats the reason, it is not a bug. It sucks now with all the crashes but you will be thankfull for it when you can do multiple runs of the same dungeon later in the game.

I really like the combat with the Demon Hunter. With the traps and her jumping around it almost feels like an character action game. I love the crafting, having your own smith that you can lvl up is great. Also Blizz seems to be the only ones who can do loot right.

sagaegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sagaegame

D3 seems like the reboxed D2,just as the win7 and win XP

but D3 cost 11years..

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Probably won't get to play it for a while, but I watched all the cinematics on YouTube. Pretty interesting how far they take the story in spots. Some characters are portrayed in somewhat different ways than they have been through the course of the series.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By jakob187

@StarvingGamer said:

D3 is an amazing showcase of intelligent game design. Almost everything else I've played this gen feels horribly outdated now. I don't need any more games this year.
    phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By phampire

Its super refined, polished and addictive. I just came back from a 5 hour session and I loved it.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By StrikeALight

I think its probably Blizzard's best game. Its absolutely awesome.

1nfinitum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By 1nfinitum

Pretty awesome so far, I've just started the fourth act. Final boss of the second act was the best so far (belial).

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sungahymn

If I had a good PC, I would buy this. But I don't.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By Tennmuerti

@ArbitraryWater said:

I'm really liking how the skills are laid out, the gameplay however is still pretty much exactly what you would expect... except done way better. It certainly makes Titan Quest and Torchlight look more than a little bad by comparison.

This.

@StarvingGamer said:

D3 is an amazing showcase of intelligent game design. Almost everything else I've played this gen feels horribly outdated now.

And this.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JP_Russell

@happypup70 said:

@Mystyr_E said:

I'm relatively sure this isn't true. My map disappeared in areas I had previously covered, and I went back through some of them to just grind out some XP, and all the places I went to were exactly how I remembered them.

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jaktajj

@StarvingGamer said:

D3 is an amazing showcase of intelligent game design. Almost everything else I've played this gen feels horribly outdated now. I don't need any more games this year.

You always hit the nail on the head with your posts, StarvingGamer! Absolutely this.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#34  Edited By jacksukeru

It's fine, I'm enjoying it. Story is a bit whatever and there's a lot of spamming one type of skill, but you get a lot of new, different stuff to spam every so often and it's fun to switch of between different configurations. Also, the game is completely idiot-proof so I've been able to play it in co-op without that distraction becoming an issue.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Tennmuerti

@JP_Russell said:

@happypup70 said:

@Mystyr_E said:

I'm relatively sure this isn't true. My map disappeared in areas I had previously covered, and I went back through some of them to just grind out some XP, and all the places I went to were exactly how I remembered them.

D3 randomizes the layouts, tile sets used are the same but the way they are connected and maped out will vary. Certain areas however use preset stuff so in those areas there is not going to be much variation, with exception of placement of some extra dungeons, the starting areas are especially like that.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Bell_End

@sagaegame said:

D3 seems like the reboxed D2,just as the win7 and win XP

but D3 cost 11years..

D2 wasn't broke so they had no need to fix it. why would they change it. i

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Love it.

Avatar image for phantomgardener
    PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PhantomGardener

Spent about 3 hours with the game yesterday, and loved every second of it.

Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
    whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

It's abit like Diablo 1 and 2. Looking forward to Torchlight II more. From the beta the combat is way better. It's 1/4 the price, I can play mods on it.

The only thing I don't like is the art-style compared to Diablo III's. Too cartoony.

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By shiftymagician

The game is fun enough for me not to be bored by it, but at the moment it has not WoW'd me once. Great presentation though and music is well done.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sanity

This game is crack!

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#42  Edited By Mnemoidian

Feels really good, so far.

I'm pretty annoyed at the achievements that did not trigger for me because of the server issues when I was logging in (achievements started popping up when I logged out and back in later), but... whatever, still not even through the first act, so should be fast to plow through to get those achievements down the road.

I see some (here) complaining about the lack of animations on the teleporting monk skill... playing monk myself, I don't mind the lack of animation - it feels just right. I've started moving away from that glyph/skill - as I find that other skills and glyph are more efficient in AoE situations... though it's pretty good for speed of plowing through enemies. :)

One thing that bothers me is the lack of ability to zoom in or out - I keep rolling the mouse-wheel, expecting something to happen. But I'm sure I'll stop that sooner or later, and I'm not sure if I can even really call it a "complaint"...

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#43  Edited By isomeri

The title screen is really nice.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Loving the game, my demon huntress is great and everything has a tendency to blow up around her so a lot happens on screen. There is the annoyance of lag where occasionally my character will lag 10 feet back usually in the middle of an enemy group which clearly being the range attacker is something I don't appreciate. Gorgeous looking game as well and the soundtrack has the Diablo atmosphere to it.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By RIDEBIRD

It's good, when it works.

Alkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Alkaiser

Uhm, serious question. If I hated Diablo 2 (never played the first one) should I check out the new one? My experience with Diablo 2 was mostly finding a chokepoint or a doorway and staying in place while clicking both mouse buttons repeatedly (I think it was holding in tab or shift to stay in place. Can't remember, it's been so long since I played it in high school)

Is D3 pretty much the same thing?

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By gamefreak9

best game ever... the barb feels so visceral. I've played for 2 hours and i've probably killed over 200 mobs.

Fascism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Fascism

I just played for 14 hours straight

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Bell_End

@Alkaiser said:

Uhm, serious question. If I hated Diablo 2 (never played the first one) should I check out the new one? My experience with Diablo 2 was mostly finding a chokepoint or a doorway and staying in place while clicking both mouse buttons repeatedly (I think it was holding in tab or shift to stay in place. Can't remember, it's been so long since I played it in high school)

Is D3 pretty much the same thing?

if you hate chicken, you will always hate chicken no matter what sandwich it was in. its still chicken.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Subjugation

It's 5:40 a.m. I should have been in bed ... oh ... five and a half hours ago. Thanks D3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.